Was at the local music shop today picking up a cord and some picks. Then I saw this guitar. (B.C. Rich Masterpiece Mockingbird) I was taken back...beautiful. Played it and it played great and sounded good too.

I have never owned a B.C. Rich guitar. I have heard a few negatives about them. Are they solid and reliable?

Thanks
Jackson RR3 Rhoads
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez RG1550M
Kramer Striker 211

Marshall MA100C
Boss GT-10 Guitar Multi Effects
It's a cheap BC Rich. The more expensive models are just as good as other Korean guitars in that price range, but I stay away from cheap BC Rich guitars.
Looking at your rig, it seems you have some better quality axes in there (from my exp.).
Still, the mockinbird is the one BC Rich shape i actually like
Thanks guys. I appreciate your honesty W4RP1G. I also agree with you Basti95. The Mockingbird is a gorgeous guitar. I passed on it. Impulse buy...lol.
Jackson RR3 Rhoads
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez RG1550M
Kramer Striker 211

Marshall MA100C
Boss GT-10 Guitar Multi Effects
The higher end guitars, like the Mockingbird Pro X and the Mockingbird Special X are of MUCH better build quality. You might like them better.

Rock this shit up, son.

Low end B.C. Rich. = Pretty shitty to be honest.
Higher end ones = really awesome actually.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
masterpiece series guitars are actually pretty good. i had a Bich and thought it was a decent guitar for the money. way better than a platinum or lower series stuff. they need better pups but once they have something decent in them sound pretty good. the thick neck might not be for everyone.
Quote by monwobobbo
masterpiece series guitars are actually pretty good. i had a Bich and thought it was a decent guitar for the money. way better than a platinum or lower series stuff. they need better pups but once they have something decent in them sound pretty good. the thick neck might not be for everyone.

I'd pretty much second this, my buddy had a Masterpiece Bich back when we were a bunch of eighth-grade Megadeth/Pantera fanboys, and for the $400 CDN he paid for it it was a nice enough guitar, the port was crap and the A saddle ate strings(only time I ever saw an A string break was 5 minutes after he came to my house with it for the first time)but it stayed in tune well, looked very nice, sounded okay, and had a VERY nice neck IMO. The higher-end BC Riches are nicer, but even then I don't think it's all that dramatic(he got a $800 neck-thru JRV7 about a year later, I never liked it to begin with and he's trying to get rid of it now, whereas he still has his Bich). Your current rig really does look better spec-wise, but...Mockingbirds are sexy, and it's $400, so I can't blame you for wanting it. If I ever see a lefty Mockingbird I'm getting it, I don't even care(I don't think there's Bronze or Platinum Mockingbirds anyways). xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
It's an ok guitar. Not great, but not bad either. Just make sure it's the new version with mahogany body, they used to make them with agathis. How to recognize?

Square inlays = old version = agathis body
Cloud inlays = new version = mahogany body

Or just save like $200 more and get a Special X mockingbird instead (neck through, all mahogany, ebony fretboard, Grover tuners, Rockfield pickups).