Hey guys back again in need of pedal suggestions. I just want 2 or possibly 3 pedals. First thing is my buddy wants to sell me a Boss NS2 for $50? Good deal? It's been lightly used and I'm in need of a noise suppressor (I play pop punk). Also, I'm in the market for a tubescreamer of some sort. Is there one you recommend? I want to use it as a clean boost for solos and leads I want to stick out. So something with a big volume boost would be a plus. Modded or unmodded it doesn't matter but I want to try to keep it under $200 or around there. Also, my other friend recommended me a Danelectro Fish N Chips. He said to boost the level and the mids and I would have a good boost. Thoughts? Thanks.
What is the normal price there for a NS2?
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

A F&C will give you a clean boost and the ability to adjust the EQ. If you want added distortion then get an OD. The MXR Classic OD at GC for $40 is pretty sweet. Get both and you're still well under $100.

I don't really care for noise suppressors but you could look at completed listing on eBay. Plus if it's 50% or less of retail you can assume the deal is OK.
for sure get the NS-2, new its like $110 but google could have told u that.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Well I'm already playing with a lot of gain (Marshall DSL 50 head through a Mesa Rectifier 4x12). But a LITTLE more gain would be better. Which is why I've proposed a tubescreamer.
Have you considered a line booster. It will give you the extra gain you're looking for for leads and you can set it to really drive your amp if you want. Plus they're generally pretty cheap.

If you're set on a Tubescreamer though, I'm very pleased with my Ibaneze TS-808. The TS-9 is also very good.
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1
  • PlusEBow
Quote by glamourkilledme
Well I'm already playing with a lot of gain (Marshall DSL 50 head through a Mesa Rectifier 4x12). But a LITTLE more gain would be better. Which is why I've proposed a tubescreamer.

I might suggest the BBE Boosta Grande in this case, excellent clean boost and it gives you that extra when you need it.
any old OD would be a good choice, tube screamer if u prefer. all of them have the same to offer with their own little twist. always good to have an OD running through though
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
So what you want is a clean boost to add a bit more gain or cut to an already overdriven amp. The RC and AC boosters were the first thing that came to mind for such purposes (as well giving excellent lightly overdriven, clean-ish sounds by themselves). They are transparent and sensitive.

Another thought is that you could set up a compressor to function very much like a clean boost. A compressor added on top of an overdriven amp or fed into an OD pedal can potentially be a bit more than a bit more. I don't know if you already have one or are interested in compression at all.
Last edited by Brainpolice2 at Sep 23, 2011,
Quote by glamourkilledme
Again a little gain would be good but I'm mostly looking for a volume boost.

That is exactly what the BBE Boosta Grande does, it gives +20db clean boost. Also the Electro Harmonix Linear Power Boost.