Page 1 of 2
Family of a 7-year-old Detroit girl are pointing fingers at police after they say officers wrongfully shot and killed the child while she was sleeping on the family's living room sofa.

Aiyana Jones was shot through the neck Sunday after police burst into her family's home looking for a homicide suspect.

http://hiphopwired.com/2010/05/17/detroit-police-shoot-and-kill-sleeping-7-year-old-girl/

I am beyond words...

Edit;

I didn't realise how old this article was, my bad. But still; discuss.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Sep 23, 2011,
How do you even mistake a sleeping 7 year old girl for a homicide suspect? This just ruined my day. This sucks for everyone involved. It sucks for the girls family, and even the cop who wrongfully shot her. Imagine what he's going through, knowing he shot a sleeping 7 year old girl. I still don't know how you can make that mistake though.

EDIT: Ok, just read the story. The cops weapon discharged during a struggle. Don't they have protocols to make sure that doesnt happen?
Last edited by Lost Dog at Sep 23, 2011,
Of course it happened in Detroit.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
i cant believe either side of this story, police arent trustworthy, neither are the members of a black family in detroit housing a homicide suspect, you know what i mean breh?

guns dont fire off that easily do they? like i could drop a loaded gun on the floor and it wouldnt shoot would it? i mean action movies arent following many laws of physics but im sure guns can take a beating without misfireing, you actually need to pull the trigger, so way was his finger on the trigger while fighting an elderly woman?
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Sep 23, 2011,
first Troy Davis and now this? this week's been depressing, man.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Well that sucks.

I feel so sorry for her family, and the cop.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Lost Dog
EDIT: Ok, just read the story. The cops weapon discharged during a struggle. Don't they have protocols to make sure that doesnt happen?

I'm sorry but the Police story reeks of bullshit and poor excuses for a ginormous fuck up.

Jones tells a different story however and told the Detroit News that as soon as she heard officers she cooperated and had to watch the murder of her grandchild.

“I hit the floor when I heard them hit the window. They blew my granddaughter's brains out. They killed her right before my eyes. I watched the light go out of her eyes. I seen it."
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Lost Dog

Are you going to be the one to go into a hostile environment with a pistol on safety? No, you aren't, unless you don't value your own life...
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Such a shame, she was hot.

No, that's too much. I don't care if you're a troll or just kidding, fuck you. *Reported
Quote by conor-figgy
No, that's too much. I don't care if you're a troll or just kidding, fuck you. *Reported

this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
This is horrible, and am by no means putting down the father... but it really bothered me when he kept bringing up the fact that no one consoled him. I understand that it's tragic, and he was scared and confused. But seriously? Guy wants one of the cops to hug him?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by conor-figgy

For?

Am I doing anything wrong for stating that she was attractive?

Get over yourself.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

There's no way for us to know what really happened. Only the people involved know, and neither side is worth believing.
if an old lady said such a shame she was a pretty girl, nothing would be said. but im not arguing for either side.
i think the cops broke in there and said where is he or il shoot this girl, and shot her
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

You have a problem. Reported.
People in Detroit are quick to place the blame on police absurdly fast before they would ever admit that they did anything wrong. I can't decide which side of the story to believe, but it's a shame either way.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
You have a problem. Reported.

So it's in the rules that you are not allowed to say anything about deceased poeple?

Removed so that people won't get butthurt.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
For?

Am I doing anything wrong for stating that she was attractive?

Get over yourself.

You're a massive cunt, there, I said it.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
So it's in the rules that you are not allowed to say anything about deceased poeple?

you might even get arrested for trolling a dead girl
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

It's sad that some innocent little girl had to die and yet a pathetic creature like you lives on.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
It's sad that some innocent little girl had to die and yet a pathetic creature like you lives on.

I know, I should just kill myself, but then I couldn't report you when you'd say bad things about me, so I won't.

Quote by I.O.T.M
You're a massive cunt, there, I said it.

Ok cool, I'm not dead or anything you can bash me all you want.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
I know, I should just kill myself, but then I couldn't report you when you'd say bad things about me, so I won't.

I hope you report me, so you can draw the mods' attention to the fact that you made a paedophilic comment about a murdered child.
****ing Detroit...
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
I hope you report me, so you can draw the mods' attention to the fact that you made a paedophilic comment about a murdered child.

So being a paedophile is against UG rules now?

They should ban the entire anime thread then.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Pagan-Pie

Look, he was reported by us both, don't start arguing. It's just a waste of time.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Oh wow, you're so funny, I wish I was as smart as you.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

not cool

Isn't this old?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by metaldud536
Guys I just googled this "article." I can't find anything. Is this even legit? IS TS trying to stir up the pit? I know how you guys love to bash the fuzz.

That's what I was thinking. It doesn't seem like the most reputable source.

EDIT: Yup really old. How do people even find such ancient news pages?
Quote by metaldud536
Guys I just googled this "article." I can't find anything. Is this even legit? IS TS trying to stir up the pit? I know how you guys love to bash the fuzz.

Considering the source is Hip Hop Wired, I am seriously doubtful of its credibility.

I'm also making a suggestion to everyone:

Last edited by Dirge Humani at Sep 23, 2011,
Quote by metaldud536

The site he linked is about music mostly from the looks of it, seems sketchy.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Page 1 of 2