I matched EQ with Metallica's One, but my TH2 amp simulated guitar still sounds shitty and grainy.. what the hell do i need to do to get it sound decent Look at how smooth metallica's guitar is compared to me

http://www.multiupload.com/MZKQQL29ZW

For what its worth, here is the original recording if some wizard can make it sound good

http://www.multiupload.com/VZMG3GR4I0

Any help would be greatly appreciated
matching the settings means absolutely nothing because u have to take in to account that they are guaranteed to be using MUCH better equipment than u are and amp sim software is only SIMULATED and though close its not the real thing.

just use ur ears that what tweaking is all about, whatever sounds good to u.
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Quote by voltafan485
matching the settings means absolutely nothing because u have to take in to account that they are guaranteed to be using MUCH better equipment than u are and amp sim software is only SIMULATED and though close its not the real thing.

just use ur ears that what tweaking is all about, whatever sounds good to u.

This.

You usually can't use EQ settings for anything unless you have an amp with the same specifications.
Sure. But look at the sounds of other guys using computer amp sims - they dont have that annoying grainy texture like my guitar does. How the hell do i fix it
@Miiiiks yup and even if u have the same amp u have to take room acoustics into account.

@nandnor whats in ur signal chain?
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.

Various Effects
Maybe you need a cab sim. Use soundcloud. Your link is spam for a download company.
What? Theres no spam, link to sound is directly on the site. And the EQ matching with Metallica IS the cab sim.

Signal chain is guitar - pedal(turned off, purely as a buffer to avoid noise interference) - sound interface.
In computer the chain is TS808 - TH2(or other amp sim, they all tend to be grainy) - Ozone (eq matching plugin) or keFIR
Last edited by nandnor at Sep 23, 2011,
No idea how much this will help, but try removing the buffer. Some things don't like a buffer in front of them
RIP Gooze

cats
also try a tube preamp it makes ur guitar sound more realistic i use a behringer ultragain mic200
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.

Various Effects