So I've had this Ibanez sz520 for a few years and I'm thinking about giving it a makover. New paint job, new humbuckers (add pickup covers), maybe replacing the Gibralter III bridge with something more common. Couple questions...

If I were to go ahead and do these customizations would it be worth it if I were going to sell the guitar?
What humbuckers can I buy that have a rich tone, similar to a Les Paul studio?
Is it feasible to replace the bridge with something else?
Any resources that you guys can link me to for this type of thing?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
what genre are u into?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Necronomicon
any guitar you customize will pretty much lose its value, especially if you refinish it.

it's an Ibanez, it already lost its value

*hugs his S470*
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could
Quote by Castiel
it's an Ibanez, it already lost its value

*hugs his S470*

lol'd
i modded the hell out of my guitar and still am in the process so let me shine some light here. alt/prog hmm? find some youtube videos of some pickups your like. idk just search some or go to the pickup sticky at the top of the thread, or even the pickups manufacture website.

crunchlab and liquifire? idk where along the lines a prog tone is so thats john pettrucci's pickup set

if you want to refinish it.....idk its a lot of work, i sanded my guitar down and added a flame maple veneer.

projectguitar.com is a good resource for all refinishing and modding to hell needs.

as far as trems go, i dont know nothing about direct swap trems for ibanez's nor am i gonna google it cause im lazy, but you should search for something along the "direct swap" lines to avoid routing
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I'm in the middle of doing the same thing to my SZ520!!!

Have already replaced the Pick-ups with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's and will be replacing the rusted GB3 bridge with a Gotoh 510 wraparound, still using the string through body. All my measurements tell me it will fit so I just ordered it yesterday, will take a few weeks to arrive but will let you know if it fits and functions correctly.Doing the string ferrules as well and the tuners will be my next job for it.

Have you done anything to it since?