I have a PRS Se Santana with a tremolo bridge. I bought it used without the whammy bar, figuring if I wanted one later I could buy it for cheap (why not, its just a metal bar). Now that I want the whammy bar, I found they aren't so cheap. On the PRS website, the bar itself is $3, but they have a $25 order minimum plus $6 shipping. Does anybody know a cheaper way to get a whammy bar for my guitar?
“It’s been very important throughout my career that I’ve met all the guys I’ve copied, because at each stage they’ve said, "Don’t play like me, play like you.”
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
Buy ten bars and sell nine on eBay at $10 plus $5 for shipping. You'll save other people money and still come out ahead!
Quote by IMtBike
I have a PRS Se Santana with a tremolo bridge. I bought it used without the whammy bar, figuring if I wanted one later I could buy it for cheap (why not, its just a metal bar). Now that I want the whammy bar, I found they aren't so cheap. On the PRS website, the bar itself is $3, but they have a $25 order minimum plus $6 shipping. Does anybody know a cheaper way to get a whammy bar for my guitar?

That's ridiculous.
Quote by jpnyc
Buy ten bars and sell nine on eBay at $10 plus $5 for shipping. You'll save other people money and still come out ahead!

You are a genious my friend.
“It’s been very important throughout my career that I’ve met all the guys I’ve copied, because at each stage they’ve said, "Don’t play like me, play like you.”
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
Or maybe someone else has already done that.

I bought a bar for my Mustang Reissue off eBay from a store; free shipping ordering from eBay; would have been $9 for shipping direct from the store. Same price for the actual item. Got it no problem. White-tipped ones are a dime a dozen, but Fender discontinued the black tip and that was a lot harder to find.

PRS is so proprietary it might be even harder to find.
Did you check amazon or some other site? Go to a local music store, most big ones stock fender whammys and might have a prs?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Pac_man0123
1) Go to guitar store that sells PRS
2) Find a PRS with the whammy bar in OR ask for one to use with the guitar
3) Take whammy bar as you leave
4) ???
5) Profit!

Yes, because STEALING is the way to go...
Quote by Pac_man0123
Hey, TS said cheap, not moral!

Moral might be good because I took lessons at our local shop so they kinda know me. Maybe I can try it at a non-local one!
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
Go to a PRS dealer they can order you 1 and it will probably be a little more than on the website, but you wont have the $25 min order.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
if you local store likes you they probably have a bin full of unknown whammy bars.

mine did.

i used to find them for all kinds of guitars that people would walk in needing.

i never charged anyone for them, i figured when it was time to buy a guitar they'd remember that.

one guy needed some odd one for a parker, we had it. he was most happy about it and even came back to buy a new PRS because he remembered what i did for him.

it never hurts to ask, but if that fails, the bars can be ordered directly from the store pretty cheap.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by jetwash69
Or maybe someone else has already done that.

I bought a bar for my Mustang Reissue off eBay from a store; free shipping ordering from eBay; would have been $9 for shipping direct from the store. Same price for the actual item. Got it no problem. White-tipped ones are a dime a dozen, but Fender discontinued the black tip and that was a lot harder to find.

PRS is so proprietary it might be even harder to find.

I checked good old eBay and they have it for $15.67 with free shipping. That might me the best route if my local guitar shop doesn't have any like gregs 1020 said.
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
How far are you from Stevensville, MD? I'm sure if you walked in to PRS, they'd either sell you one, or give you one outright.
Quote by Full Metal Funk
How far are you from Stevensville, MD? I'm sure if you walked in to PRS, they'd either sell you one, or give you one outright.

Google Maps says I'm an hour and 48 minutes away. Kinda far if I can get one on eBay for 15 bucks.
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!
I'd have already gone to the PRS factory ages ago, that's one of those places I'd like to see some day.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Quote by Pac_man0123

I stopped into Guitar Center in Tacoma on my way there and bought my RG570.

Was that an impulse buy or something?

TS, thats a perfect excuse to go to the PRS factory!!!!! Just tell everyone you're going to get a whammy bar because you can't you use your guitar to its fullest potential. It would be a shame though if you drove there and they didn't sell you one.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by AcousticMirror
go to the guitar store ask for a whammy bar.

done.

Last time I did that I got tired of waiting for it. They owed me one because they lost the one that should have come with the guitar. I let the backorder cancel after 2 months.