Was reading a little about guitar pro software on the electric guitar forum and was wondering if anyone here uses it? what are your thoughts on it? looks pretty interesting and seems like a good learning tool depending on how it is used.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
The interface can be frustrating, but it's a great tool for learning and writing music. Tabbing out a riff I wrote really helps me understand exactly what's going on. I also use it to write midi drum parts. Overall its a great, if a bit frustrating, tool.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Love it, I have GP5. You can slow down and play along with songs at different speeds which is handy. It also lets shows you how notes are grouped and stuff, which helps in breaking down and learning songs. Go for it!
As a guitarist, GP is invaluable. Check out TuxGuitar though if you don't mind MIDI sounds instead of RSE, it's free and plays GP files.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
As a guitarist, GP is invaluable. Check out TuxGuitar though if you don't mind MIDI sounds instead of RSE, it's free and plays GP files.

This.
Although I like guitar pro more than tuxguitar, but tuxguitar gives you a good idea of what it's like
RIP Gooze

cats
Without Guitar Pro I'm not 100% sure I'd still be playing guitar to this day. It made my life so much easier when I first started, I'd recommend it to anyone.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Great software but full of glitches.By the way never press the x on the panel of play and pause buttons.
However get it, seriously insane software
It's a great program, very useful if you learn song from tabs. The new version sucks though, stick with version 5.
Quote by BloodReverence
My life as a guitarist started when I downloaded guitar pro....

'Nuff said.
same here. I got Guitar Pro when I first started and it helped me get off the ground. I have a cover of Green River in my profile that I used GP for bass and drums.
I found it pretty easy to get to grips with but that might be because I'm classically trained (in piano) so I understand what all the sheet music symbols mean and how to achieve a desired effect.

You can add other instruments as well as guitar so you can effectively write a whole song using just guitar pro. It's awesome.

I use guitar pro 5. It seems to be the most popular version of it.
I learned to play the piano from it.
Learned all the notes on the guitar (all 6 strings) without even knowing why are they ordered that way - meaning I was a noob who didn't even know what a Chord is.
Learned how to play by the tempo from it.
Learned to play with the tabs in real time.
Learned how to read sheet music.
Learned how to write music.
Learned how to play in different tuning.
BUT, I lack the ability to learn songs only by listening to them. I'm becoming better now, but still.. I need some time to master them and I can't really learn solos by ear

All in all, guitar pro is a must for me

Currently using Guitar Pro 5, I'm with them since version 3.0.
I hate Guitar Pro 6.
Quote by BrainCrasher
I learned to play the piano from it.
Learned all the notes on the guitar (all 6 strings) without even knowing why are they ordered that way - meaning I was a noob who didn't even know what a Chord is.
Learned how to play by the tempo from it.
Learned to play with the tabs in real time.
Learned how to read sheet music.
Learned how to write music.
Learned how to play in different tuning.
BUT, I lack the ability to learn songs only by listening to them. I'm becoming better now, but still.. I need some time to master them and I can't really learn solos by ear

All in all, guitar pro is a must for me

Currently using Guitar Pro 5, I'm with them since version 3.0.
I hate Guitar Pro 6.

What's this with the GP6 hate?
I use it and I don't experience too much problems? (apart from some glitches)
What is so much better about GP5?

#2 of the Orange TH30 Clique
Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro
Quote by Bauwke

+1, I have both and while it's annoying that you can't do things like change instrument sounds in the middle of the song as easily as before, with some tweaking, the guitar can sound really good and the bass is far better than it ever was on GP5. Drums are also much easier to program, though there are less options if you want to mix a bunch of different sounds together, and they sound much better too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Bauwke

I don't care alot about how realistic it sounds, and the head, cab and pedals is too much for me...
If I'm ever going to play with my favorite sound using software, than that would be Guitar Rig or Overloud TH2 with Cubase and a decent sound card
I like the simplicity of GP5 and I'm used to it. There were no great changes in versions from 3.0 to 5.2 so... I just like it that way.
GP6 is more a realistic MIDI software than a helpful tab program to me

Also, you can't tune your guitar using GP6 (at least I don't know how )
Quote by MatrixClaw

+1

I don't really need to hear the sounds, I just want to be able to get the tabs, and a lot of the tabs i want are only guitar pro files, so...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was using GP6 until it kept slowing the playback down on every track of every file I tried to use. So I just went back to 5 which is (IMO) immaculate.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
I use it mostly to communicate between my band members. We have whole scores of our music. It's pretty nice to easily be able to demo out your stuff without being around each other. ha