it's been brought up again...how many times have you heard this freaking rumor over the past year?no but seriously...are they gonna go throught with it this time?
Yes they are.

You can send your payment to me.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
no but its layout is about to get the hugest overhaul since it was released, actually...
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by jetfuel495
Oh yeah, like that'll happen. Maybe Verizon will get the iPhone too!

illogical comparison, is illogical, because the logic is not logical

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I believe facebook will always be free because we're the product being sold. Facebook makes money by selling it's users info to advertisers. If they charge users to join, less will join which means less advertising sales which means less profit for facebook.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
The new layout is total ****ing garbage, and it actually slows my computer down. No joke, every time I open facebook since the change, my computer lags, because it overworks my flash plugin and eats up my CPU
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by iplayat11
I believe facebook will always be free because we're the product being sold. Facebook makes money by selling it's users info to advertisers. If they charge users to join, less will join which means less advertising sales which means less profit for facebook.

oh boi

and the automobiles product being sold is acutally us because of billboards, and because the tvs product actually being sold is actually us because of advertisements, and because the movies product is actually us because of the ad placements, and because the product itselfs product is actually us because of the logo,,, etc, etc

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
The new layout is total ****ing garbage, and it actually slows my computer down. No joke, every time I open facebook since the change, my computer lags, because it overworks my flash plugin and eats up my CPU

it uses zero flash, and 100% javascript, and if you think the new "layout" is javascript heavy, wait for the timeline feature to be released...

also, you must either have a) a decade old computer, or b) be using IE6, and should update to eitehr IE9, chrome, or firefox... (legit response not trying to be a prick)

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
You must associate with idiots, because the only people I've ever heard suggest that this would happen are adults that lucky they know how to turn on the computer in the first place. As pointed out, it says always free on the homepage.

But really, I predict them losing much more than they gain out of this layout change. When will Facebook (and Youtube!) learn that we don't like change? Especially changes that turn your website into a big cluttered mess? That's why we all left Myspace for Facebook. It did to much, and Facebook was simple.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
oh boi

and the automobiles product being sold is acutally us because of billboards, and because the tvs product actually being sold is actually us because of advertisements, and because the movies product is actually us because of the ad placements, and because the product itselfs product is actually us because of the logo,,, etc, etc

Well besides the fact that they are not selling our info, we ARE the product. The one they make money off of anyway. That's exactly what the ads are for, obviously.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
oh boi

Seriously, facebook uses the info you have in your profile to sell advertising to componies that are directly related to your interests listed in your profile. It is called self -serve advertising.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/sep/16/facebook-money

It is even mentioned in facebook's data use policy "We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the games, applications, and websites you use."

http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#howweuse
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
You must associate with idiots, because the only people I've ever heard suggest that this would happen are adults that lucky they know how to turn on the computer in the first place. As pointed out, it says always free on the homepage.

But really, I predict them losing much more than they gain out of this layout change. When will Facebook (and Youtube!) learn that we don't like change? Especially changes that turn your website into a big cluttered mess? That's why we all left Myspace for Facebook. It did to much, and Facebook was simple.
They change the layout regularly. Everybody bitches for a week at the most. You know, enough time to get used to it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by iplayat11
Seriously, facebook uses the info you have in your profile to sell advertising to componies that are directly related to your interests listed in your profile. It is called self -serve advertising.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2009/sep/16/facebook-money

It is even mentioned in facebook's data use policy "We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the games, applications, and websites you use."

http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#howweuse

no point proven, you are posting stuff that you expect friends to see, if your friends can see it, who cares if "advertisers" (protip: computer algorithms that dont specify you) can see it?

everything you do in a capitalist society is based around advertisements and making money.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
oh boi

You're such a retard if you don't understand what he just said.
Yes, they are going to start charging. $10 per month, + $2 dollar "overstock" fee if you have more than 1,000 friends. TS, you should move to Google+ before it's too late.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by JimmyBanks6
it uses zero flash, and 100% javascript, and if you think the new "layout" is javascript heavy, wait for the timeline feature to be released...

also, you must either have a) a decade old computer, or b) be using IE6, and should update to eitehr IE9, chrome, or firefox... (legit response not trying to be a prick)

I have the new version of firefox, running Windows 7 Premium 64-bit, it's an HP laptop that I bought new last year. I'm gonna have to update Java, but I'm serious when I say that I look at my task manager and the CPU usage of flash skyrockets upon opening facebook.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing