Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

i say we live in the "future" now

Well obviously not

You showed a video of something that doesnt exist. Now what?
Looks cool, but for the most part a laser keyboard would only be useful sat down somewhere with a flat surface, and most people are fine with the keypad on the phone.

As for the projector, I refuse to believe that that will be a high quality image, and I wouldn't find use for it. The screen is fine. 2deep4me.

EDIT: below post - yeah, I know it's CGI, but I posted this as a "even if it did happen these are the issues I see with it" post
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 24, 2011,
Bs!

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

The future doesn't exist yet. It's merely an idea or a hope, a possibility. Therefore, if it exists, it's no longer the future.

So, riding on that thought, we do not live in the future, we live in the present, since we don't have probabilities, we have realities.

In short, ridiculous thread.

Also, didn't watch the video. It's probably pron anyway.
Quote by halo43
The future doesn't exist yet. It's merely an idea or a hope, a possibility. Therefore, if it exists, it's no longer the future.

So, riding on that thought, we do not live in the future, we live in the present, since we don't have probabilities, we have realities.

In short, ridiculous thread.

Also, didn't watch the video. It's probably pron anyway.

what if the future is on the same wavelength of time but at a different vector/position?

sort of like the bathroom in your house. you don't say the bathroom doesn't exist because its not here. rather the bathroom is located in a different position/vector within your domicile, and so exists at the same wavelength as your current position but is located elsewhere.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Projector lamp would eat your battery like no other. I'm calling BS on the hologram being rendered anything like that though.
im talking about the idea of us living in a present thats like what sci fi movies predict. im sure this iphone prediction could come true in no time, and i think one holograms become popular im gonna say we live in that futuristic world people drempt about
I can assure you that's a fake.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
im talking about the idea of us living in a present thats like what sci fi movies predict. im sure this iphone prediction could come true in no time, and i think one holograms become popular im gonna say we live in that futuristic world people drempt about

Technology advances. Big surprise.

Although I suppose it doesn't always advance.

The decline of Roman engineering would be a decent example of that.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Where the flying cars at?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
not sure, when do you think theyl exist? ten years?

They exist now, it's just that people don't take into account the amount of laws and regulations. The amount of paper work for even owning one would put anyone off.