Now, unfortunately, there will be no "tldr" version of what I'm about type.

I got a new video card a few weeks ago, it was working great and everything was going fine. A few days later, though, my monitor started going black during boot screen, which was easily fixed by turning it off and on again. Even later, my monitor started going black during boot screen, but it was no longer fixable by turning it on or off, I had to unplug it from PC and electricity source to fix it. Even more days llater, it was not fixable at all. If I were to turn off the monitor and back on, the image of what was happening owuld flash, and then it would go black again, the only way to get back to the normal picture was to wait it out while pressing the on/off button until it goes normal. After that was done, it would not go black until another boot. A few days later, it became even worse, it would start flashing the image and the black screen at absolutely random times, regardless of what I was doing. The only solution: wait it out. By flashing I mean: 4 seconds of black screen, then a quarter-second flash of what was going on at the monitor. I re-installed video card drivers countless times, changed native resolution, refresh rate, color depth numerous times looking for the optimal solution: this was helping for a few hours, but already in a few days, not helping at all.

A few hours ago, I finally took out the video card out of the computer, and connected the monitor to the in-built one. To my surprise, nothing changed.

It still starts randomly flashing at random times, in fact, it went into 6 cycles of flashing while I was making this very thread.

My question: am I right to assume that the video card was actually totally fine, and that the decline of the monitor after a few days of installing the new video card was just a coinsidence?

In the evening, I'm going to connect another monitor, to see if it actually IS the monitor's fault. I just need to understand whether card is fine, and is there any chance that it's not the monitor, but the computer itself?

This is a very important issue because:

1) It's 2 weeks of brewfest in World of Warcraft: free virtual beer
2) I write music on my computer
3) I do my university hometask on it
It would be helpful if you posted what video card it is and what brand who manufactored it.
Ati 5450 HD, but as I said, even when running on an in-built 640x480 8-bit video card, I experience the same problems
Sounds to me like your monitor's dying. I doubt it's the card's fault, but I guess you'll find out this evening.
▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■▀■
its probably your monitor if it does the same thing with both cards. try a different monitor. if it does the same thing with a new monitor it could be your processor. or your board itself. which means you buy a new computer.

EDIT: PM me if you have any other questions. i fix computers for a living.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Sounds like your monitor is toast.

Is anything else plugged into the power strip its in acting weird?
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Quote by DOHC
Sounds like your monitor is toast.

Is anything else plugged into the power strip its in acting weird?

I don't know what this means, but whenever the display flashes, the moment my displays shows a short momentum of what's going on the screen, my guitar amp makes a short "shds" right on that moment.
Quote by Zeletros
I don't know what this means, but whenever the display flashes, the moment my displays shows a short momentum of what's going on the screen, my guitar amp makes a short "shds" right on that moment.

Is your monitor plugged into one of those, and is there anything else that is also plugged into the same thing. If so, is that object acting wierd.

Because it sounds like a power issue, so you might be able to save your monitor (and your wallet) by simply trying a different one of those /\
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Quote by Zeletros

It sounds like you answered his questions, maybe the power bar itself is messing it up, or something plugged into it.
Gear:

Early 90's B.C. Rich STIII N.J. Series, Red Sparkle
1988 Charvel Model 4, Firecrackle - Retired
2003-04s Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Gray Nickel
Line 6 Spidervalve HD100 MK1 with Marshall VS412
But if power was the issue, I'd have problems with my whole PC, not just monitor, and my guitar processor is working great.
borrow a monitor from a friend and try it. or plug into a hdtv or something if you have one they usually have VGA inputs. its probably your monitor
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15