thanks
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
The concept of which guitar is "best" is purely subjective. All you will get here is other people's opinions.

Get to a guitar shop, try out everything you can afford and buy whatever you like best. The opinions of random strangers on a website mean nothing.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
i live in india
here the best guitar shops ONLY stock amps like mg's and spiders and guitats like grg's and low end corts i cant try em in the local guitar shop if i have to get something expensive/good/kickass i have to place special orders blindly on the basis of advice by strangers and youtube and till now i was never let down by the advice from fellow ug'ers thats the reason why i asked
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
^dont quite like it
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
PRS SE Toreo is a nice choice, as is the PRS Paul Allender
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The MH-1000 is an awesome guitar for anything modern metal. I'd pick it over any PRS SE any day!
but aren't the prs necks too thick?
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal
but aren't the prs necks too thick?

The Torero has the wide thin neck, I'm not sure what the PA model is.
Yes the MH-1000 is gonna be hard to top in it's price range, but I belive the Torero is as good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It certainly is. Ive played both extensively. The nice thing about the mh-1000 is the real maple top whereas the Se has veneer. The only other real difference is set neck on the mh-1000 and neck thru on the Prs. Oh and ebony board on the prs with no inlays.
ESP/LTD MH-327
I've been GAS'ing for one for a while. Seems to be the ultimate shred guitar under $700
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
Those I can think of that are comparable to the ESP LTD Deluxe line:
Ibanez RG Premium
Jackson DK2M
Schecter Blackjack ATX/Hellraiser/Custom,
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe,
Agile models exceeding $600,
PRS Torero

Alternatively you can always take a look in the used guitar market.
ESP Standard Horizon/Eclipse/Viper
Gibson SG Standard/Faded,
Ibanez Prestige,
Jackson Soloist,
Schecter Customshop (the chance to spot one of these for under $1000 is very rare but it happens)
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by blaaargh
...I thought SEs were bolt on?

SE means STUDENT EDITION. I think your thinking of the CE line PRS used to make, but they are USA PRS. I have one and it is amazing.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
get an upper midrange ibanez or esp. when i played metal i had an ibanez v (dont remember what it was called maybe vbt700 or something) and it kicked ass, was very easy to play, looked awesome. they dont make that one anymore but they still make some good neck thru low action quality stuff.
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Quote by OldRocker
What about the SG faded?

Personally, I don't think an SG would even compare to the LTD. Totally different ballpark, though I'm not hating the Gibson by any means. The LTD Deluxe would have better pickups, a more comfortable neck, and it's also neck thru (better than set neck IMO).
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by ThrashMetal014
Personally, I don't think an SG would even compare to the LTD. Totally different ballpark, though I'm not hating the Gibson by any means. The LTD Deluxe would have better pickups, a more comfortable neck, and it's also neck thru (better than set neck IMO).

Ltd deluxe mh-1000 is not neck thru. Set thru neck.
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Sep 25, 2011,
Quote by DimebagZappa

Yeah, but that's pretty much just semantics. They look and feel the same.

TS: No, you're not going to find anything "better" (new) for the price. You will find different stuff though.

Just shop around as much as you can, try to get a guitar that is "right for you".
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i have rounded off high end ibby prestige because of their basswood bodies and and schecter because of their fat necks

i am looking for ibby prestige type neck with mohagony body, basswood because its bright sounding
time to do some research about
-esp mh-327 and prs torero
you guys rule

EDIT:rounded prs torero off too its out of my budget
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Last edited by deepsal at Sep 25, 2011,
basswood....bright? news to me
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
mohagony sounds darker/thicker/fatter sounding compared to basswood thats why i called basswood bright maam
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
The MH-327 has a far inferior trem to the trem on the MH-1000. The only thing cool about it is that it has 27 frets.

Why not get another RGA, or an S? Sounds like that's what you want.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by deepsal
mohagony sounds darker/thicker/fatter sounding compared to basswood thats why i called basswood bright maam

maam?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Jackson DKMG
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
Get on the used market and score an RGA121 or RGA321 if you're that keen on mahogany bodies.
I tried out a Torero a while back and it felt a very nice guitar from what I can remember it had quite a wide fretboard and no inlays if I remember correctly, it didn't feel as comfortable as my EC-1000 that's for sure, which I know isn't the same guitar you're looking at, but all the specs are quite similar. I have played an MH-1000 as well, very briefly though, very nicely made I really liked it actually, I'm intending to go and test one out again as I fancy getting one as a second guitar, the floyd model also.
Ibanez rga prestige is pretty sweet you can get a used one for around 500 her in america might find a newer older model that are pretty good they have mohogany/ maple bodies and great necks.
Quote by Offworld92
Yeah, but that's pretty much just semantics. They look and feel the same.

TS: No, you're not going to find anything "better" (new) for the price. You will find different stuff though.

Just shop around as much as you can, try to get a guitar that is "right for you".

Set through and neck through are not the same. They produce different tones even if everything else is the same the less glue the better.
Quote by Briyan_15
Set through and neck through are not the same. They produce different tones even if everything else is the same the less glue the better.

bull.

BULL!

The difference between set-neck and neck through is that on a neck through, the neck is built into the guitar. The only difference is a possible slight difference in sustain, even then, its not very noticeable.

Neck-through's tend to be better quality though. havent ever heard of this different tones bullsh*t.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by DimebagZappa

Is it? My bad. Still, the set-thru would probably resonate better than a standard SG set neck.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
The ltd mh-1000 or any ltd deluxe is a top notch piece of instrument . finding "better" as the spec pretty much cover it up will be subjective IMO . its a nice guitar you got without fallen in the "custom shop" or anything that raise the price thats sometimes consider "subjective if its worth " .

great guitar ..keep it man .. dont have to pay for the name or the excessive high price tag to have a great guitar .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Sep 27, 2011,
Quote by Controlpanel
bull.

BULL!

The difference between set-neck and neck through is that on a neck through, the neck is built into the guitar. The only difference is a possible slight difference in sustain, even then, its not very noticeable.

Neck-through's tend to be better quality though. havent ever heard of this different tones bullsh*t.

Basicly tone transfer happens when wood touches wood the more stuff between the wood less transfer of tone. Also most set necks have lots of glue a sloppy pockets. Also the tone thing Most neck through have maple necks. Maple a bright sounding wood produces..... bright sound. with set neck or bolt on guitars this stops above the pick ups. With a neck through it keeps going. Go play a guitar with a maple neck through and play one with a set neck or a bolt on neck with roughly the same bick ups/ body and you'll hear the diffrence. or go play a guitar with a maple top and one that doesn't once again the sound is different.
pretty much whatever guitar plays, looks, and sounds the best to you. i know people that think that the gibson les paul custom is the best guitar ever made. personally my favorite guitar is my $500 dean razorback that i modded with a dimebucker/distortion duncan combo, a brass block from floyd upgrades, and a tremsetter. but just go for whatever you want.
i picked up an Ibanez 3550MZ for <$700 after taxes when it was on clearance at GC. IMO even though the guitars are very different, that ibby is nicer than any LTD 1000 series i have tried.

i have owned three LTD's. a EC1000, EC401, and a EC400. my favorite was actually the EC400, the EC1000 was second, IMO they are not that different than a 400 except except for some gaudy abalone. the 401 is made in a new country now, and they aren't nearly as nice as the old 400's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/