so this morning I left home with my silverface late seventies Fender Super Reverb and now I have returned with a MIA Fender Pro Junior, a Frantone Vibutron, a Malekko Spring Chicken and €200. with the Ibanez Artcore and Korg Pitchblack I already owned, these are perfect for my guitar playing duties in a small singer/songwriter ensemble (singer also plays banjo, backing singer, cello, percussion and me).

first impressions: really nice small set up, only thing that hasn't worked out the way I hoped is the Pro Jr is suffering from projunioritis, i.e. it hums quite loudly even with no guitar plugged in at all. removing the screw in the back didn't help. I'm now thinking of ordering some other preamp tubes, see if that makes a difference. if there weren't parts in the songs where I don't have to play, it wouldn't be much of a problem, but this way...

the spring chicken on the other hand is perfect, the first half of the control allows me to have a nice spring reverb imitation and the second gives me those surf-like reverbs and delays I sometimes need as well. and I now know for sure I'll never have to look for another tremolo again - franny did quite a good job on this one, very versatile, very convincing as well.

now I'm just trying to get rid of my Korg DT10 tuner, Danelectro overdrive and tremolo, Electro Faustus theremin, possibly my Micro Vibe since my other guitar board has been completed as well. I know use three set ups:

- singer/songwriter: Ibanez Artcore -> Korg Pitchblack -> Frantone Vibutron -> Malekko Spring Chicken -> Fender Pro Junior
- coverband: Aria PE Elite / Squier Strato -> DOD A/B -> Boss TU3 or rest of pedals: EH Micro Q Tron -> Fulltone Fulldrive 2 -> Moen Fuzz Moo -> MXR Phase 100 -> Arion Stereo Chorus -> Fender Blues Junior
- bass: Squier P Bass -> Korg Pitchblack / Korg DT10 -> Hartke 3500 -> Hartke 4x10

it's nice, isn't it?
Quote by tubetime86
Most people don't give a shit about tone... We are the exception, not the rule.

I probably am a bit more rule than exception though
Nice.

HNGD
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Nice.

HNGD

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'd rather have the Super Reverb

But I see why you'd want a smaller amp, those Pro Juinors are nice amps too. I heard lost of people switch out the speaker for a bigger one. HNGD

thanks guys!

@Wtr: I've had the Super for over a year standing in my room. it was just too big and heavy to lug around with to do shows while it was also too loud to play at home. I did the trade with a guy who plays in a touring band - makes sense to me that he's gonna be able to use a lot more than me. I also like big vintage amps but right now, it was just a matter of not keeping my eyes closed to the reality that I just needed a smaller amp
Quote by tubetime86

Quote by adriaanwouters
@Wtr: I've had the Super for over a year standing in my room. it was just too big and heavy to lug around with to do shows while it was also too loud to play at home. I did the trade with a guy who plays in a touring band - makes sense to me that he's gonna be able to use a lot more than me. I also like big vintage amps but right now, it was just a matter of not keeping my eyes closed to the reality that I just needed a smaller amp

Yeah I know the pain. I have a 4x10 combo. Bitch to lug around.
Quote by korinaflyingv
hngd! is that an ibanez soundtank delay i see in the second pic?

thanx! it sure is, I don't use delay really but this one sounded so nice to me when toying around with it that I decided to keep it because you never know, right I even had an EHX Memory Boy for a while but when it came time to get rid of a delay (I used to have three and didn't use one ) I let the cool Boy go instead of the dinky Ibanez.
Quote by tubetime86

Quote by adriaanwouters
thanx! it sure is, I don't use delay really but this one sounded so nice to me when toying around with it that I decided to keep it because you never know, right I even had an EHX Memory Boy for a while but when it came time to get rid of a delay (I used to have three and didn't use one ) I let the cool Boy go instead of the dinky Ibanez.

sweet. the guitarist in my band got one a few weeks ago, nicest sounding delay i've ever played through. can't believe how cheap they are (not that i'm complaining)
it's probably a preamp tube with the pro jr. i replaced the speaker in mine and had good success with that. and i wasn't really fond of that speaker in another amp that came with it. i'm not sure if the MIA pro jrs had the same stock speaker, mine was MIM.

very cool small rig you have there. pro jrs get almost no love on UG, we may be the only two that know what cool little class A amps these are.

HNGD!

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by adriaanwouters
singer also plays banjo, backing singer, cello, percussion and me

What's your band called? You have a cello; therefore I want to listen to you guys.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by korinaflyingv
sweet. the guitarist in my band got one a few weeks ago, nicest sounding delay i've ever played through. can't believe how cheap they are (not that i'm complaining)

I could think of one reason there not priced too high: the footswitch (which apparently is a monumentary switch) doesn't always want to cooperate perfectly harmoniously with me... still, it is indeed a very sweet delay, one of those pedals which sound great with all their knobs at the twelve o'clock position.

Quote by gregs1020
it's probably a preamp tube with the pro jr. i replaced the speaker in mine and had good success with that. and i wasn't really fond of that speaker in another amp that came with it. i'm not sure if the MIA pro jrs had the same stock speaker, mine was MIM.

very cool small rig you have there. pro jrs get almost no love on UG, we may be the only two that know what cool little class A amps these are.

HNGD!

thanks man! I really hope it's one of the tubes, otherwise I'll probably have to spend some money to get it fixed. UG is wrong on this - if I play loud enough, I get a great valve overdrive so my Pro Jr. gets all the love it deserves combine this with a nice fuzz, like my Fuzz King, and it's instant Triggerfinger mojo tone.

the speaker in my amp is a blue one with only a small white sticker with some numbers on it so I guess that means it's stock?

Quote by sonic_777111
What's your band called? You have a cello; therefore I want to listen to you guys.

there's no recordings yet with the cello, only with an acoustic bass...
Quote by tubetime86

Last edited by adriaanwouters at Sep 25, 2011,