Page 1 of 2
Ok UG ppl, I wanna try and get a UG meet and greet for all the Australian UG'ers. It's just an idea in the making at this stage but if we could get enough interest from UG members in Aus, I would be more than happy to try and organise a venue where we could all get together. I'm not sure if this has been tried before but I thought I'd bring it up. It would be great to meet some of the aus members on this site and maybe get some local music distributors to supply new demo gear etc. A good opportunity for the UG members in Aus to unite.

Ideas???

Yes/No
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.

Meanwhile in Australia.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
you're not SlackerBabbath!
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
you're not SlackerBabbath!

What???

Just throwing an idea out there for the aussies...

Quote by gregs1020

i'm russian, so i don't live in russia. i do live in australia, though. i would meet you, but australia is unfortunately in manchester. maybe next time i'm in russia.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by ibanez_guru
What???

you stole Slacker's avatar.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Melbourne. 14th of May, 2012. 2pm. The hipster coffee shop on little collins street in the cbd (You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it)
Be there or be .... not there
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
TS:where are you planning this? I travel all over and will probably be able to go to a meeting or something.

We need more details!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If God didn't want people to be gay why did he put a G spot in our asses?
Quote by Mr.Pink101
Melbourne. 14th of May, 2012. 2pm. The hipster coffee shop on little collins street in the cbd (You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it)

Sensory Lab?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I'm up for a melb meet up. Also, fail by JohnnyGenzale. If you're doing a meanwhile in australia pic it has to be upside down.
Brissie, reporting in. Work restraints probably mean I can't venture too far from my humble abode but hey I'm down.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
What about people up in northern Queensland?

I would do it but its a long way to go.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Last edited by deathdrummer at Sep 25, 2011,
the thing with australia is that it's such a huge country with very few people. the aussies that are on UG live so very far apart from each other. travel and accommodation would be a problem.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by SlackerBabbath
He's referring to your avatar.

Hmm, he joined in 2006... Hmm...

Maybe you are refering to his avatar?

Ts, if you can pick me up in New Zealand I would join...
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by Mr.Pink101

I love hipster coffee shops. I'm so there.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by ripple07

Ts, if you can pick me up in New Zealand I would join...

You're a New Zealander?

I didn't even know.
Quote by devourke
You're a New Zealander?

I didn't even know.

I could show you how to peel a kiwi.

Maybe I am just going to be in New Zealand. Maybe I am not from there.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
I could show you how to peel a kiwi.

Maybe I am just going to be in New Zealand. Maybe I am not from there.

I don't eat kiwifruit so I dunno how to peel a kiwi.

And if you aren't from New Zealand, welcome to New Zealand.

Unless you're not here yet, in which case you're wasting time, because every second spent outside of New Zealand is a wasted second.
Quote by ripple07

I wasn't referring to anything, I was explaining the reason for any confusion caused by us both having the same avatar.
Im based in Melbourne but we could always have others organise stuff in their respective states.

As far as the avatar goes, its the only one i have ever used. Had it bout 4 years

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Mr.Pink101

The one on Little Lonsdale is better.

If you do it in Melbourne I'll come, well I say that, I probably won't but meh
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I don't need an excuse to visit Melbourne, I love the place. Organise away, people!
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Ok, Firstly, we need an idea of ppl who would be willing to attend. PM me if your interested and i will start a new thread in a couple of days and list members that are keen to participate.

If we get enough interest, im happy to get the ball rolling in MELBOURNE

Quote by gregs1020

Last edited by ibanez_guru at Sep 26, 2011,
I wold love to go, but a police order is preventing me from leaving the state of QLD.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
If it was Newcastle I'd consider it. I wouldn't go any further than that, though. (I live about 4-5 hours up the coast from there)

Mainly though, I just kinda like Newcastle.
Quote by deathdrummer
I wold love to go, but a police order is preventing me from leaving the state of QLD.

Sounds like a good story.

Do share
Quote by deathdrummer

Yes, please do share

I live in Sydney
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by ibanez_guru
Ok, Firstly, we need an idea of ppl who would be willing to attend. PM me if your interested and i will start a new thread in a couple of days and list members that are keen to participate.

If we get enough interest, im happy to get the ball rolling in MELBOURNE

I can't be bothered pming you. But I have some interest
RIP Gooze

cats
Page 1 of 2