I'm gonna get a new amp (Fender Super Champ XD) to replace my $40 amp that I have right now, but I'm kinda broke, so to afford it I'm gonna have to sell one of my guitars. My guitars are a cherry red Epiphone Faded G-400 and a black RG 4EXQM1. Both guitars are great so here are the pros and cons (in my opinion) of each.

G-400
Pros: Easier to tune, slightly easier to play in my opinion, much better action
Cons: Comes out of tune constantly

RG4EX1
Pros: Sounds better through an amplifier, Stays in tune for longer, better looking (I know that really doesn't effect the quality of the guitar but it does look much better than the G-400)
Cons: It takes a while to tune it, Edge III, neck is a little to slim for me

Thanks in advance

Heres a link to the guitarcenter page for both of these:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Vintage-G-400-Electric-Guitar-102488731-i1150101.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar-103662763-i1168534.gc
Last edited by NakedInferno at Sep 24, 2011,
For that particular amp, I'd keep the G400.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
If you get the sudden urge to play guitar, which guitar do you pick up first?
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
It depends. I'm really torn between which guitar. Sometimes I'll grab the G-400 and sometimes I'll grab the Ibanez. It really depends on whether or not the Ibanez is in tune or not. If not, I'll grab the G-400, but if it is I'll grab it just cause it takes a while to get it in tune and I wanna get the most out of it.
Quote by NakedInferno
It depends. I'm really torn between which guitar. Sometimes I'll grab the G-400 and sometimes I'll grab the Ibanez. It really depends on whether or not the Ibanez is in tune or not. If not, I'll grab the G-400, but if it is I'll grab it just cause it takes a while to get it in tune and I wanna get the most out of it.

I would save up to get the amp. Why buy high and sell low on your guitar?

Also in that time you might find a used one that saves you a lot. I got my halfstack for about 40% of what it would have cost new.
I'd keep the RG. But I'm an Ibanez guy and I don't like Epiphones. And I'd keep the RG because of the neck, but since you don't like it that's hardly an arguement for keeping it.

Well if I would have to choose: Keep the Ibanez, Sell the Epiphone.
i'd sell the epi because a guitar that comes out of tune easily just makes me ape shit insane...but maybe a good setup would cure that?
Quote by jetwash69
I would save up to get the amp. Why buy high and sell low on your guitar?

Also in that time you might find a used one that saves you a lot. I got my halfstack for about 40% of what it would have cost new.

Would love to do that, but I'm still a teenager and I'm trying to save up for a car.
I've also checked craigslist and the cheapest I could find was $225, which is a good deal but that's also about how much either guitar would cost if I sold it.
Quote by NakedInferno
Would love to do that, but I'm still a teenager and I'm trying to save up for a car.
I've also checked craigslist and the cheapest I could find was $225, which is a good deal but that's also about how much either guitar would cost if I sold it.

Yeah life sux. Cars, and other priorities got in the way of me getting guitars and gear for about 20 years after I first wanted an electric. We even got pianos and accoustic guitars before I could start getting what I wanted. And I've been working pretty much full time since I was 14.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Keep the G-400 and switch tuners.

that just adds extra cost..

keep the ibby, buy amp, save for some decent tuners.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
if you're not really happy with both, sell both, buy the amp, and use whatever leftover money you have to buy a guitar you'll actually enjoy. If you have a lot of cons about both, why would you keep either?
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Did anyone else come into this thread expecting it to be by Tom 1.0 ?

I'd keep the Ibanez.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by Nico the Great
Did anyone else come into this thread expecting it to be by Tom 1.0 ?

I'd keep the Ibanez.

history has proved Tom 1.0 wouldn't.
Quote by NakedInferno

pro-tip. you won't afford any car. you think you'll be able to, but the insurance and gas will eat you alive.

and if your parents give you some "we will help story" calls shens right away. trust me, the upkeep for your call will be around if not more than 1k per year. ALOT more if you get a junker like you are probably looking for right now.
i would keep the epi because when your down to 1 guitar its a pain in the ass to have a double locking trem on that 1 guitar. with 2, u can alternate between a easily tunable one.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by gregs1020
history has proved Tom 1.0 wouldn't.

Yeah, but he did just get another Ibanez .
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
why doesnt someone just make a thread about Tom 1.0, he seems to be a popular enough topic.

on the other hand id sell the epi, the Ibanez seems to be a better guitar for your situation even if the neck is a little too slim. to keep the epi would require mods with money you dont have.
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Sep 26, 2011,
Sell the Epiphone keep the RG, but as my screen name suggests I'm an Ibanez fan boy lol so my opinion is slightly bias also I hate Epiphone with a passion
Quote by Nico the Great
Yeah, but he did just get another Ibanez .

ever notice that the pics he takes in his NGD thread show up on ebay shortly thereafter?

it's thursday here right now, check ebay.uk on monday.
It's really up to you, i'd sit down with both of them, before you even plug one into an amp just have a feel for the guitar. Which one is more comfortable? Which neck do you like better? Which body style feels better. Then plug it in and see how it sounds, try and get the versatility of the guitar. See if you can get both a really great clean tone and a great distorted sound out of both of them with loads of pick up combos, Ibanez and Epis are great makes. I have an Ibanez rg350mdx which hopefully I might be able to sell soon because of one main thing. The horrible edge 3, It's a really tough question. If you don't mind the bridge the Ibanez will be better sounding, but the SG might be a more comfortable fit in your hands. It's all what you prefer, sound or comfort? I know I prefer sound personally.
I wouldnt sell either, Id save. My G400 doesnt go out of tune all that often and it gets 'played' daily. Have you done the strings properly?
Quote by NakedInferno
I'm gonna get a new amp (Fender Super Champ XD) to replace my $40 amp that I have right now, but I'm kinda broke, so to afford it I'm gonna have to sell one of my guitars. My guitars are a cherry red Epiphone Faded G-400 and a black RG 4EXQM1. Both guitars are great so here are the pros and cons (in my opinion) of each.

G-400
Pros: Easier to tune, slightly easier to play in my opinion, much better action
Cons: Comes out of tune constantly

RG4EX1
Pros: Sounds better through an amplifier, Stays in tune for longer, better looking (I know that really doesn't effect the quality of the guitar but it does look much better than the G-400)
Cons: It takes a while to tune it, Edge III, neck is a little to slim for me

Thanks in advance

Heres a link to the guitarcenter page for both of these:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Vintage-G-400-Electric-Guitar-102488731-i1150101.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar-103662763-i1168534.gc

In my opinion, I think that Epiphone G-400 should be sold. Although it will take time to tune up, your Ibanez RG4EX1 will stay in tune much better.
Think I would keep the sg. Its the better guitar overall. If you want to play and you have to tune the Ibanez that would stink.
Jackson RR3 Rhoads
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez RG1550M
Kramer Striker 211

Marshall MA100C
Boss GT-10 Guitar Multi Effects
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Keep the G-400 and switch tuners.

This. Tuners are not expensive. The G400 is without a doubt the better guitar, too. Mahogany body and a set neck vs basswood and a bolt-on? I know UG is full of Ibby fanboys, but seriously?