Hey guys, I've had a lot of pedals but i just got my first dyna comp because a lot of my fav. bands use it. And so far i ****ing hate it! When i don't play it feedbacks and it seems to rob my tube amp of its clarity and kick. Any tips to get this bitch going before i sell it on ebay? Thanks
Quote by WtrPlyr
What are your settings on the pedal?

I've tried a lot. but currently they are both at 1 o clock
Start off by setting the Output to be at about the same volume as it is when the pedal is dis-engaged, leaving the Sensitivity fully CCW. Then adjust the Sensitivity until you have the degree of compression that you want.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
Are you using it for heavily distorted rhythm? If that is the case, of course you're gonna get a gross amount of feedback. With distortion comes natural compression, so to compress a highly-distorted signal a ton more would make your pickups obnoxiously sensitive. Forget your hands, you could play a song by looking at the strings, hah.

But yeah, the way I see it, compressors that are implemented before the preamp are most appropriate for cleans, low gain, mid-gain, leads, and even high gain sometimes but not like, a distortion setting that already sustains for days on its own. What you might do though, is use the compressor on a low setting and dial back the gain a good amount. This way you might be able to achieve some of the best of both worlds. Sustain without sacrificing so much string definition. Gotta really work with it.
Last edited by SamZee at Sep 24, 2011,
As SlashIsAGod said, you firstly should try to set it so that the levels are roughly equal to the levels with it turned off, and then dial in the compression itself from there - and you may find yourself having to turn the volume knob down more as you up the compression.

Secondly, I'd inquire into where the compressor is in your signal chain. I'd put it first (or 2nd if there is a wah). There can be quite a difference between using a compressor before and after a dirt pedal. Using it after never sounded good to me. In such a case the point is for the comp to push the od.

And something further to note if you are using a compressor in conjunction with a dirt pedal (or an overdriven amp), I'd suggest rolling the gain back a bit on the dirt pedal to even things out, because the compressor is effectively adding a lot more gain by pushing the dirt pedal.

So in summary, short of throwing your arms up about this particular pedal, some possibilities are: you have too much gain going on in the first place, you need to lower the pedal volume, and you may have to rethink the order of your signal chain.
Last edited by Brainpolice2 at Sep 24, 2011,