I've been a fan of pop punk since forever but it kinda limits me in my playing skills so I was looking for new bands etc.
So my question is what kind of music besides (pop)punk do you like?

EDIT: Name some bands too
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Last edited by niels-uiterwaal at Sep 25, 2011,
I've been playing guitar for over 5 years but I pretty much only play The Gaslight Anthem, Frank Turner, Bruce Springsteen, Blink-182, Nirvana, Green Day, and a lot of pop punk like Broadway Calls and stuff. It's what I like, but it definitely limits my playing skills. I have friends who are metal heads who've been playing a lot less longer than me and they can easily outplay me. I would recommend checking out bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Black Veil Brides, etc. For genres, I'm into punk, folk, goth rock, a little bit of everything
Quote by MusicFiend2310
I would recommend checking out bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Black Veil Brides, etc.

I would strongly recommend you don't do this.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
I'd recommend not listening to anyone that says things like "a lot less longer" in general.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by guitar_rules311
I would strongly recommend you don't do this.

I would strongly recommend this.
I started off listening to nu-metal and metalcore, moved onto pop punk, back to metalcore, now back to pop punk which is my true love, but I'm listening to more and more hardcore recently.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by jetfuel495
Did we just become best friends?

I think we just became best friends.

Last edited by BK202 at Sep 24, 2011,
Shoegaze
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Protest The Hero, Persuader, Elven King, Led Zepplin,Rush, Frank Zappa, Deep Purple, Strung Out, Motley Crue, Steel Panther, Def Lepard, any Jazz, Brian Setzer, Rev. Horton Heat.......
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Do some of you listen to jazz? If so what bands/artists do you listen to?
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Whatever the hell you'd call Letters in Binary.

My listening habits are mostly that and pop-punk stuff.

I can't play instruments very well because of it.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I listen to anything that ends in -core.....but it has to not be too generic sounding....

I would recommend listening to some chiodos, Pierce the Veil, and Bring me the horizon. These bands play with a bit more complex guitar work that the usual palm muted power chords.
I haz gotten gud
Quote by ApatheticMe
I listen to anything that ends in -core.....but it has to not be too generic sounding....

I would recommend listening to some chiodos, Pierce the Veil, and Bring me the horizon. These bands play with a bit more complex guitar work that the usual palm muted power chords.

It's like I'm being tested.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Is this the thread where we all show how eclectic we are and say how shit other people's tastes are?

Because it's going swimmingly right now.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I guess this would the most appropriate place for the last.fm Obscurity Graphs.

(Invalid img)
Last edited by blake1221 at Sep 25, 2011,
Quote by the_astronaut
Is this the thread where we all show how eclectic we are and say how shit other people's tastes are?

Because it's going swimmingly right now.

We have an entire forum and multiple subforums for that. One more thread to prove I'm better than most people won't hurt.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Rocks ur Life
Listen to anything, dude. Every style encompasses some different skills. Try some Jazz, some hardcore. Whatever

I am trying but I just don't know where to start....

Anyway does someone know artists familiar to the style of Richard Cheese but more serious?
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
i listen to a lot of other punk genres. psychobilly is a good one, some song are pretty hard to play but they're usually really catchy as well. i like the nekromantix and the creepshow the most, but i'd recommend zombie ghost train and the horrorpops too.

tonnes of metal, jazz, a bit of blues as well. but for those i'd pretty much just tell you to listen to the most well-known bands anyways, they're the best starting points, and a lot of the time they're the most popular for a reason.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.