A package from Thomann

Time to open it!!!!!!!!

You Rock Midi Guitar

I know it looks like a kids toy but you'll be suprised how much it can do

(Invalid img)

You can see how it works: Touch sensitive plastic lines

I came across this midi guitar a while ago on youtube and instantly had to buy one. This this is amazing and very easy to play. Makes programming synth and midi so much easier. It also works for writing into guitar pro. I've had it for a while now but have barely gotten to know all its features. If your looking for a simple way to program midi or write synths/piano etc then I'd really recommend this.

All the information can be found on their site:
You Rock Guitar

Any questions just ask me here.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCM6Z_dq4ac&
That seems pretty amazing actually. I have no need for one, no need at all. But it's seriously tempting to get it!

Also, I loved the second pic (:
That's cool if you think playing keyboards is, well, whatever.

Congrats on the purchase.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I have a question =P
how do you bend strings?
and how do you mute with fretting hand? ><

looks pretty cool though and thumbs up for second pic!
I've got to get one of these, I've been looking for something like this for ages.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
was skeptical til i saw the video. Will definitely pick one up when i get my home studio together, i will definitely pick one of these up
I wouldn't mind one of these but they're more for fun than serious playing. For recording and screwing around with synths i use my keyboard. But that is sweeeeeeeeeet! Its more of a novelty though. But is there a built in speaker or do you connect it to comp/amp?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by KorYi
I have a question =P
how do you bend strings?

You can bend strings with whammy bar but it doesn't sound great so I just edit the bend in Logic since its all midi.

Quote by KorYi

and how do you mute with fretting hand? ><

You don't need to mute. The notes only sound when you push down on the strings. As soon as you take your finger away their is silence.

Quote by JKHC
I wouldn't mind one of these but they're more for fun than serious playing. For recording and screwing around with synths i use my keyboard. But that is sweeeeeeeeeet! Its more of a novelty though. But is there a built in speaker or do you connect it to comp/amp?

Yes and No. The other day I was playing comedy sounds and cartoon noises that were triggered by midi notes. While today I was doubling up a guitar solo that was to hard for me to play on my M-Audio keyboard. Using this midi guitar I didn't have to transcribe the piece to piano and learn it up to speed. I simply picked this up and pressed record. You plug into your PC via USB and the sound comes out your speakers or you plug it directly into an amp/speakers and use the onboard effect.
Quote by drawnacrol
or you plug it directly into an amp/speakers and use the onboard effect.

When you say amp, you mean keyboard/e-drum amp right? The ones with just amplification, no effects or anything. How does it sound through a tube amp?? After watching a few vids i'm seriously in love with this thing. The only thing that scares me is the quality, it seems a bit cheap.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
When you say amp, you mean keyboard/e-drum amp right? The ones with just amplification, no effects or anything. How does it sound through a tube amp?? After watching a few vids i'm seriously in love with this thing. The only thing that scares me is the quality, it seems a bit cheap.

Yeah thats what I mean but you can plug into a guitar amp. I plugged it into a Cube 30x and it sounded like crap but I still have to try the Aux in. Its kinda cheap. You wouldn't want to drop it but for 140e you wouldn't expect high quality.
imagine the smell if you burn in on stage Hendrix style.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Damnit! Now I want one!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Anyone have any ideas on where to get one of these things cheaper? I checked for MF coupons, but there's nothing good, and the best offer I got on eBay was $180 shipped.
Quote by Mr Winters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADXrUZmggIY

I NEED ONE OF THESE THINGS

that video is awsome. $200 is a little high but not unreasonable for the person that actually needs but it sounds pretty cool
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
So this is basically a really accessible keyboard for guitar players? I dig.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
These are a great platform for kooky guitar/keytar hybrid prop instruments. Musicians like Prince or Lady Gaga who play guitar and piano and like custom instruments could have a field day. And for bands like GWAR it could even be a disposable prop instrument—soak it with blood and then swap out the electronics after every show.
This would save me a lot of time, when i use guitar pro. Which isn't much to tab out my own stuff. I usually just use it to learn stuff. If i did though this would definitively be on my to-get list.