I recently bought a Bad horise II wah and I need a powers supply. I just want to make sure everything works out, and everything is matched.

Here is the specs from the Morley website
"AC ADAPTER (ALL PEDALS)
All Morley pedals use Morley's 9VDC 300 milliamp regulated adapter. Center pin polarity
is negative. Using a non-regulated adapter could cause a low frequency hum in your amplifier.
Using an adapter with the wrong polarity may damage the pedal.

VAI-2 SPECIFICATIONS
POWER: 9 Volt Battery or Morley's 9VDC 300 milliamp regulated adapter (center pin in negative)
CURRENT DRAW: 16 mA @ 9 VDC"

And I was looking at this adapter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002E3FBA/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d0_g267_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1GCTQZ9JSGRSYQNWR2PW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Or

http://www.amazon.com/Morley-9V-Adapter-powering-Products/dp/B0002PYX9C/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1316894466&sr=1-1

or

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Waves-120V-Power-Adapter/dp/B00191WVF6/ref=pd_cp_MI_1

But just trying to be greedy and saving as much as I can, so if the cheaper one works would rather get that.

Would any of those be okay? I think the dulop might not be cause of Ma rating.
If that is not okay, could you recommend something around 10$
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Last edited by Aashraya at Sep 24, 2011,
It will work and not cause any damage, however, it may (and most likely will) cause some hum. That's not as big a deal if you already have a noise suppressor of some type. If you don't want to deal with the hum, get a better power supply.
Quote by IbanezBossShred
It will work and not cause any damage, however, it may (and most likely will) cause some hum. That's not as big a deal if you already have a noise suppressor of some type. If you don't want to deal with the hum, get a better power supply.

All 3 will cause hum? If so How much hum, and is it controllable hum? I am already playing high gain music WITHOUT a NS and that hum is there but I can control it (putting my palm on the strings so it doesn't ring). So is it like that or is it constantly gonna hum?

And I thought they wont hum because i'm only running 1 pedal like that?

And what kind of better supply? I dont want to buy like a vodoo lap supply for one pedal.
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
anyone else have opinions about this?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
High gain with no noise suppressor and a cheap PS may spell trouble although if you're just using one pedal it might be ok, don't quote me on that.

In the likely event you're going to get more pedals down the line, then I suggest you invest in something like this.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=epsu&cp=6&gs_id=m&xhr=t&q=bbe+supa+charger&qe=YmJlIHN1&qesig=xvkuVaOooSawUS-cjuvDSw&pkc=AFgZ2tmwwtWR_P6UDROxb8Ao-l5JbICx1INuqvsa8wSASnVo7_1g8jd5eFMpFP-aS2htrUQSot2LSH7a401ube3k1bzyeMkPvA&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=664&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=525156301407639888&sa=X&ei=_3l-TqirB46U0QXKy4wD&sqi=2&ved=0CEQQ8wIwAg

Great alternative to the voodoo labs
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
you need a 300ma or better power supply. lower isn't good and will mess up the pedal. more is fine. a good quality power supply shouldn't cause hum. i'd get a One Spot as that is good for pretty much any pedal out there and can be daisychained to power more than one pedal.
Quote by monwobobbo
you need a 300ma or better power supply. lower isn't good and will mess up the pedal. more is fine. a good quality power supply shouldn't cause hum. i'd get a One Spot as that is good for pretty much any pedal out there and can be daisychained to power more than one pedal.

Okay, so the one that is rated at 300Ma WONT cause hum? Am I correct? Because I did post links of one that was rated at 300Ma.

Quote by Adam124
High gain with no noise suppressor and a cheap PS may spell trouble although if you're just using one pedal it might be ok, don't quote me on that.

In the likely event you're going to get more pedals down the line, then I suggest you invest in something like this.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=epsu&cp=6&gs_id=m&xhr=t&q=bbe+supa+charger&qe=YmJlIHN1&qesig=xvkuVaOooSawUS-cjuvDSw&pkc=AFgZ2tmwwtWR_P6UDROxb8Ao-l5JbICx1INuqvsa8wSASnVo7_1g8jd5eFMpFP-aS2htrUQSot2LSH7a401ube3k1bzyeMkPvA&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=664&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=525156301407639888&sa=X&ei=_3l-TqirB46U0QXKy4wD&sqi=2&ved=0CEQQ8wIwAg

Great alternative to the voodoo labs

Cool thanks, as of now I would likely only get 4 pedals tops, if I do end up going more I might just buy a G major II or something.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by Aashraya
Okay, so the one that is rated at 300Ma WONT cause hum? Am I correct? Because I did post links of one that was rated at 300Ma.

Cool thanks, as of now I would likely only get 4 pedals tops, if I do end up going more I might just buy a G major II or something.

cheap power supplies might cause hum. it's best to buy a high quality one that is rated way higher. there are other reasons that a pedal might hum but i don't know the specifics past its an electricty thing.

i use a Morley Classic wah with the One Spot and have no noise issues.
Last edited by monwobobbo at Sep 24, 2011,
Quote by monwobobbo
cheap power supplies might cause hum. it's best to buy a high quality one that is rated way higher. there are other reasons that a pedal might hum but i don't know the specifics past its an electricty thing.

i use a Morley Classic wah with the One Spot and have no noise issues.

So one-spot would be better than my other choices? Sorry i'm reiterating so much, I just didnt feel like spending 20$ for a power supply, i know 20$ isn't much but, when I buy all these little things it starts to add up.

Quote by ethan_hanus
It's called, 9 volt battery. Works like a charm, and no hum, and no expensive power supply.

I can make one 9 volt last 4 months with heavy use.

I am using a 9 volt battery at the moment, but would prefer a adapter to power it up. Different preferences.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Last edited by Aashraya at Sep 25, 2011,
The output current rating of the power supply is not the issue. Whether it is 200mA. or whatever, it wont cause hum due to that. The pedal only takes 16mA., so anything above that will run the pedal. At 200 or 300, either will work and work just fine. If you only ever use it with one pedal, I doubt there will ever be a problem with hum. Go for it.
Quote by IbanezBossShred
The output current rating of the power supply is not the issue. Whether it is 200mA. or whatever, it wont cause hum due to that. The pedal only takes 16mA., so anything above that will run the pedal. At 200 or 300, either will work and work just fine. If you only ever use it with one pedal, I doubt there will ever be a problem with hum. Go for it.

This.

Since the pedal only draws 16mA, 300mA will be more than enough.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Ironic Maiden
I always wondered why that horsie is considered "bad"

I mean, what did it do anyway?

It does dirty things to your foot when you press on it. My foot is soo sore from it.

On a serious notes, Thank you guys! Always appreciate the help! Happy playing
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by Aashraya
So one-spot would be better than my other choices? Sorry i'm reiterating so much, I just didnt feel like spending 20$ for a power supply, i know 20$ isn't much but, when I buy all these little things it starts to add up.

I am using a 9 volt battery at the moment, but would prefer a adapter to power it up. Different preferences.

risking issues with your pedal is more expensive. due $20 is nothing and as i mentioned you can get an adaptor to run multiple pedals saving you money in the long run. not say the One Spot is the best it's just the best one i've found and of course that i have experience using it to run a morley wah.

playing electric guitar gets expensive but don't screw yourself buying cheap stuff. in the end it will just cost you more.
^ +1

I run my forsaken Wah on a One Spot with a bunch of other pedals and I often play high gain stuff with ODs and Boosts and I don't have any unwanted noise.

Quote by Ironic Maiden
I always wondered why that horsie is considered "bad"

I mean, what did it do anyway?

I've noticed you post a lot of unnecessary spam and don't really contribute much. Oh never mind, you're banned.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ +1

I run my forsaken Wah on a One Spot with a bunch of other pedals and I often play high gain stuff with ODs and Boosts and I don't have any unwanted noise.

I've noticed you post a lot of unnecessary spam and don't really contribute much. Oh never mind, you're banned.

Okay guys, I will go the one spot route. Thanks again.

So the one spot can power any pedal right(within its limit). I could have like say

Amp-wah-Guitar
effects loop send - delay and few other effects - loop return

and it can power both right? doesnt have to be in the same "section" I guess?
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
nope - doesn't matter. The One Spot doesn't know where the pedals are. Here is what is on my One Spot right now.

Guitar > Wah > Bad Monkey > Zakk OD > Big Muff > EVH Phaser > AMP

Loop > Chorus > Delay > EQ

okay good stuff, thanks.

And do you use the Bad monkey as a clean boost? I was considering buying one but when I tried it, it didnt sound good, it just caused alot of hum.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
yes

clean boost only.

if you wanted an OD for added drive, for example, i'd recommend a tube screamer.

not my greatest work but I did this clip the other day with just the Bad Monkey but you can hear how relatively quiet things are during the palm mutes. The amp was cranked up pretty good.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/311ZOSOVHJH/music/all/play1046230