I recently got a Pod HD desktop with FBV express MKII (has 4 foot switches and 1 Wah/volume pedal). I've never delved too deep into effects - and so far I really dig the Pod sound through my Fender Super Champ XD.

Is it worth keeping my old pedals? I have:
Digitech programmable distortion (PD-1550)
Ibanez stereo chorus (CS 9)
Boss super phaser (PH-2)
MXR flanger
DOD analog delay 680

I only play in my house, lately through headphones in the Pod HD - not my amp, except weekends. I might one day play in a band, but that's a pipe dream right now. I barely used the pedals anyway, but the Pod HD has already gotten plenty of play since I can use headphones.

I'm tempted to hold onto the pedals just because. I am looking to buy a hard shell case for my American Special Strat, along with a stool/guitar stand. So the money would go into my guitar playing, not beer . But although I don't know if I would use them ever, I would hate to one day want/need them and not have them.

Have you been in a similar situation? Any ideas?
flip a coin for each pedal.

call whichever side, and the moment when the coin is in the air, you will know if you'll regret getting rid of them.

thats actually how i make life decisions. not based on the 50/50, but based on that one moment where i get the revelation of what i really want.
It's definitely worth keeping them in case you buy a second amp down the track.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i think you would eventually regret it

whilst multi-fx pedals are awesome, they don't seem to get the exact same sounds as the pedals each patch replicated.
you definitely don't need that dod 680 anymore.

i will gladly give you shiny magical internet dollars for it.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
you definitely don't need that dod 680 anymore.

i will gladly give you shiny magical internet dollars for it.

I'll double the price of those shiny magical internet dollars D:

On a serious note though: I own the Fender Super Champ XD too, and I really don't like how distortions/overdrive work with it. And it has a lot of onboard effects already, so I never really used what I had. I wouldn't sell them though, it's always nice to mess around with guitar stuff years after your actually find out what you can do with them.
Put your pedals in the loop of the HD, see if you still need them after comparing to the HD stomps, then decide.

I have a whole pedalboard in the loop of my RP1000.
Last edited by fly135 at Sep 24, 2011,
save em. you never know what can happen and if your multifx unit went down you'd have backup.
put those pedals in a box and send them to me. i will dispose of them properly
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Quote by 00_hns_00
flip a coin for each pedal.

call whichever side, and the moment when the coin is in the air, you will know if you'll regret getting rid of them.

thats actually how i make life decisions. not based on the 50/50, but based on that one moment where i get the revelation of what i really want.

I like that.
RIP Gooze

cats
Good - thank you for confirming my initial thoughts. I will keep them. I was looking at them as quick money (the shiny magical green type... no not that MAGICAL GREEN type... ) for new gear.