I had some gear on craigslist and got a "1977" fender blackface twin reverb. As far as I know, fender didn't make them in that year. (I'm not a fender guy so feel free to correct me) I'm not sure if this is an actual model though. He said the serial number is "a955949" and there was a stamp saying #T-11 right side of the chassis in the second pic. I couldn't find any other pics online with the blue on the control panel either. I'm not sure but the speakers don't necessarily look original. I've been gassing for a tube amp so I'd like it if I could take it. Not getting scammed comes first though. pardon the huge post and really hope someone can help.

*insert witty statement here*
that's a silverface. cbs era.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Silverface...Still a very nice amp. How much is he asking for it?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
yeah it's real and 77 sounds about right for that. it's not a blackface but rather as already mentioned a silverface.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Silverface...Still a very nice amp. How much is he asking for it?

I've got a fernandes ravelle dave kushner signature series and a crate gt1200h and matching cab he wants for it.

My biggest concern is just; is this an even(ish) trade? I don't mind trading down a bit but don't want to take a huge hit.
Quote by metalhead352
I've got a fernandes ravelle dave kushner signature series and a crate gt1200h and matching cab he wants for it.

My biggest concern is just; is this an even(ish) trade? I don't mind trading down a bit but don't want to take a huge hit.

amp's worth about a $1000 if all original and in good shape. looks pretty good in the pix.
are you sure that silverfaces are worth that much?

77 is pretty late in the game.

ya you can definitely get silverface twins for 500-700.

By the same token though, guitarcenter has them for 1050 too.

EDIT: I don't expect to get that, but if I resell it, I'd really like to be able to pull in around $800, maybe a little less.
Last edited by metalhead352 at Sep 24, 2011,
ok i was off a little. looks like $700 is the average rate for 70s twins. damn they've dropped were going for over a grand a couple of years ago.
guess we're all waiting for this recession to end. Well I really appreciate your guys's help. Thanks a ton.
My price guide confirms that a Silverface in good condition is worth around $1000. I can't tell the exact model from your photos, but my book shows it to be worth anywhere from $1100 to $1550. Again, it all depends on condition. Condition as noted by my guide states that any tear or stain on the grille means it is not in excellent condition and will be significantly less than the shown values. I'm sure non-original speakers also figure into that.
Quote by KG6_Steven
My price guide confirms that a Silverface in good condition is worth around $1000. I can't tell the exact model from your photos, but my book shows it to be worth anywhere from $1100 to $1550. Again, it all depends on condition. Condition as noted by my guide states that any tear or stain on the grille means it is not in excellent condition and will be significantly less than the shown values. I'm sure non-original speakers also figure into that.

Thanks for chiming in. I found this guys ad on craigslist where he was asking 12 and obviously not getting it. As far as I can tell (haven't seen it in person, but from the pictures) one of the knobs is missing a silver cap. But thats about it. I actually looked around and the speakers are original. I thought it was still a blackface when I mentioned that.

EDIT: I'll sound like an idiot for asking, but can this amp handle emgs? I just need a great clean sound and hope this thing can give it to me while using my pedal. (for actual distortion) I'd hate to blow something like this because I try using it for something it's not meant for...
Last edited by metalhead352 at Sep 25, 2011,