Page 1 of 2
Just thought about it recently; its something no one truly thinks about all that much, but yet it has a major impact on our lives.

Well when I was a kid I was always loud, aggressive, and very moody and hyperactive. This was due to things that had gone on in my life prior to elem. school but still had an impact.

It wasnt till about 7th grade, or when I was 13, that I started to calm down seriously; I would cry all the time in elem school, but suddenly puberty hit me like a mother. I was still kind of out there, but it wasn't as bad.

I started to become a lot more introverted as time went by, and while in 9th grade everyone knew me, (Im Indian, everyone at my school was white, easy to stick out :-p)by 11th I started to shadily stop talking with a lot of kids as freely as I did when I was in 9th.

For the last few years, I never smiled, thinking it was weak, (and that my teeth looked bad ) and would always try to be serious, thinking it would help me get some. Didnt' work at all.

Then a month ago I started hanging out with a kid I wokred with who had amazing charisma, and was always laughing and messing around. My personality became a lot more care free, and I started smiling again, I talked with greater confidence and I haven't felt so happy in a while!

tl;dr Tell us about how your personality has changed over time for better or worse, and if it hasn't, at least make your post amusing
My username is a Misnomer.

Im not into the whole drug scene....

I just think Fire is Boss.

Last edited by blazeman444 at Sep 24, 2011,
i may have gotten just a little bit more cynical since i started hanging around the Pit.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
i was a super egotistical jackass when i was 12 because of my guitar playing. i thought i was the best because i could do sweep picking at that age. come to find out, it isn't that hard of a thing to master, and nowadays i consider myself a terrible player. also, Im generally i nicer person and i have friends now

so to actually answer the question, yes
I used to get upset by small things and be really political... now its just all good
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
I guess I've grown slightly less outgoing. One of my friends told me I have a very "apathetic" voice, which is strange because I'm (mentally) passionate about the things I do talk about.
I'm much more cynical, and sometimes I feel like I border on nihilism. This gets worse when I drink (which I have very little self-control over). Also, now everything I say and do has a thick layer of sarcasm. So I'm kind of a dick. But people who REALLY know me say I'm nice. So, compared to my middle-school self, I think I'm a shittier person in general.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
i used to be the smart funny guy who had no care in the worls

now im the slightly above average guy.who reads alot plays guitar,and likes making things,makes jokes ,and doesnt really give a ****

...generally i havet really chnged much cept that now i do more things that used to
The only difference is the wrinkling of the skin.

Both as a kid and adult, possessed no sense of humor, no social skills, never argued, awkward around everyone, very reclusive and says less then ten words a week to anyone.

I have less personality then that of an old wet cardboard box.

Quote by due 07
I guess I've grown slightly less outgoing. One of my friends told me I have a very "apathetic" voice, which is strange because I'm (mentally) passionate about the things I do talk about.
I have the same problem. I talk so monotone and without infection that I make Steven Wright sound like a bundle of nerves who has just ate a bag of sugar.
Last edited by AllJudasPriest at Sep 24, 2011,
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Both as a kid and adult, possessed no sense of humor, no social skills, never argued, awkward around everyone, very reclusive and says less then ten words a week to anyone.

I have less personality then that of an old wet cardboard box.

The only difference is the wrinkling of the skin.

you said everything for me already , except i became i started to kill prostitutes with 18.
I've become a lot more comfortable with myself, quit pretending to be dumb to try and fit in, and generally matured. fundamentally, though I don't think I've changed too terribly much.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I always used to be a bit of a loner, but now I'm a full-blown nihilistic recluse. Weird how things go, eh?
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
I think you're weird if your personality doesn't change, but yeah. I give significantly less fucks about what people think of me now, I'm generally a bit more open and less socially awkward, but I'm also more reclusive now than ever before. Probably because I talk less than I used to, and other people tend to bore me. I guess overall I've become able to be more social while becoming more reclusive.

Interesting contradiction.
Yeah-only two years ago I was the biggest attention ***** and idiot. From time to time that still remains, but I've definitely got better, without a doubt.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
I've gotten more apathetic and introverted, and I've gotten a lot more comments on how serious I look nowadays. I can't help it, my neutral face is just naturally serious looking

Quote by SlayingDragons
I'm generally a bit more open and less socially awkward, but I'm also more reclusive now than ever before. Probably because I talk less than I used to, and other people tend to bore me. I guess overall I've become able to be more social while becoming more reclusive.

Interesting contradiction.

Also, this exactly.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Last edited by MetallicSka at Sep 24, 2011,
I used to be more hopeful about things. Not so much anymore.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Normal kid around 10-14 years old
Douchey, emo around 14-16
Calmed down abit, loner around 16-18
Matured abit, but still very ragey 18-20
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Yes. I've mellowed out a lot, gotten more serious, and I'm much more outgoing (sort of), and I've stopped trying to fit in. I'm still a bit pessimistic, but overall I'm barely even the same person I was two years ago and before.

Edit: What Slayingdragons said also applies to me, hence the "Sort of" after the part about me being outgoing. But people find me fascinating for some reason, I'm known as that "completely crazy" guy.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Sep 24, 2011,
i think generally your core personality stays very close to the same but your outlook and reactions change due to changes in your body (i.e. - testosterone levels, physical changes, etc). Also you experience and learn as you age so negative and positive re-enforcements shape how you act upon feelings.
basically i was silly and positive, i was silly and angry, i was silly and in love, i was silly and married and now i am silly and old. pretty standard. I do try to always learn new things and try new things so i don't become silly and regretful or silly and dead.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
i think generally your core personality stays very close to the same but your outlook and reactions change due to changes in your body (i.e. - testosterone levels, physical changes, etc). Also you experience and learn as you age so negative and positive re-enforcements shape how you act upon feelings.
basically i was silly and positive, i was silly and angry, i was silly and in love, i was silly and married and now i am silly and old. pretty standard. I do try to always learn new things and try new things so i don't become silly and regretful or silly and dead.

(Invalid img)

Nigga you silly

I can relate to about the same philosophy, but there are certain breakthroughs you can/need to go through as a person in stages of your life that will make or break you in certain ways (not in a drastic sense, but turning points in core personality). That's just a process of becoming wise though, and can happen overnight or in an instant.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Sep 24, 2011,
Yes it has. In most cases, as people mature and are exposed to different facets of life or thrust into new experiences, their personalities will change to some degree.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
How can you be moody and hyperactive at the same time?

I used to really try and fit in with the jocks (I was kind of overweight that time, so it just seemed I was trying too hard) in grade school. It didn't help that the way I spoke English was kind of...stuttered.

In high school I got a lot taller so I didn't seem too overweight. I was kind of an asshole in the first two years of high school, but in the last two years I think I matured a lot and hanged out with a bunch of people who were really cool and funny.

I think at that point I started to become funny. Or at least relatively funnier.
I've gradually become more insecure, more cynical, more pessimistic, and more of a social failure. Hooray.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
I've gradually become more insecure, more cynical, more pessimistic, and more of a social failure. Hooray.

Same. Except, I also gradually shifted out of it. I wouldn't call it a phase, because it took a hell of a lot of effort to escape it.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Up until around 14 I was really social, humoured and naive. Now I'm depressed, avoid people at all costs, and don't give a **** about anything.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I'm more talkative and willing to take risks than I once was. Now instead of being shy, I just don't feel like talking to people sometimes. It's a big difference. I'm just more confident and comfortable in most situations.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Age 5-12: Shy, introverted, defensive, overly-sensitive.

Age 11-15: Shy, arrogant, moody, introverted, defensive, cynical, and still sensitive. A real case of the 'nice guy' syndrome. Generally pessimistic.

Age 16-18: Slowly becoming more and more open. Start to assert myself, become more comfortable with who I am. Got into a long-term relationship (ended earlier this year), which did wonders for my self-esteem and maturity. Stopped being so cynical.

Current age 19: More extroverted than introverted, suddenly love speaking with people and being the center of attention (but not an attention-seeker. There's a difference), changed fashion style to something a little cleaner-looking/cut hair a little, which has had a really positive impact on how I feel about myself. If anything, a little cocky, but not overtly.

Generally, I'm just really happy and content with everything right now. I'm optimistic about the future. :3
Yes, i'm a broken man.

edit:

0-12 - Problematic but generally the good years in a lot of ways. I was fairly happy as a kid.

12-16 - Bad times, shy, introverted, increasingly cynical, angry.

16-18 - Times i developed more mentally, started having more opinions and looking into things properly, taking an interest in music and so forth. Still shy, introverted, increasingly lonely and depressed.

19 - lonely, less shy, cynical, depressed.

20 (my age now) - Started good, less shy, but now i'm more depressed than ever. All the old bad things are increased 10 fold and the only thing that hasn't ever let me down is cynicism.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Sep 25, 2011,
I used to throw things at people. Now I throw things at walls.

I mean, I don't express anger as often as I did when I was a kid. Other than that, no. My personality is the same.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 25, 2011,
0-8: I was a little bitch. I whinged about everything. Also shy.

8-12: Started learning how to be a real man from my Step-Dad. Still shy.

12-14: Not a bitch, but still shy.

14-17: Got a sense of humour but also stopped caring about most things. I'm happy, but I just don't mind very much if I fail at shit. Has made me less shy though, as I don't really care what people think of me, so I'm not such a massive introvert.
09-10- I could tolerate the pit

present- you infuriate me
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
In my younger days I liked to complain about everything. I remember clearly, actually, waking up one day and asking myself what good it does to moan and cry. So, having my first somewhat philosophical experience at the ripe-old age of about 10, I just stopped.

From that point on, my sarcasm continued to develop (into the festering abyss of remarks that I'm full of today). At about the age of 16 I took a real interest in music, and that of course changed my life. I'm not sure for better or for worse, at the time--the music cut into my studying for school, and grades began to slack.

Once I got out of highschool and moved on-campus to my college, I felt renewed. I was out of my old house, out of my old, small town, and had new scenery and friends. Since then I've become more open to spontaneity, even more musically-inclined (though not enough to interfere with schoolwork), and have a great group of friends.

All in all, I went from a pretty risky, outgoing asshole to a less outgoing, but much more tolerable asshole. Unfortunately modern science hasn't found a reliable cure for sarcasm, yet.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I'm way more outgoing/confident than I was in the past.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The only thing about my actual personality that has changed is that I went from being optimistic to cynical once my girlfriend died. I'm a clinically depressed, suicidal mess who sees no meaning in life, but my personality is still the same I think.
I am WAY less lame than I was in grade school. Still pretty lame though.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 2