Page 1 of 3
I think this show deserves some serious recognition. Anyone else loving this series? I'm so glad that a show with some very significant artistic ambitions is getting wide appeal (getting picked up for a 3rd season). Everything on this show is so well done. The stories, the choice of music, the direction, acting, etc. Louis CK even puts real issues on display, like the tense meeting with Dane Cook. I also love how he blurs the line between fiction and reality, featuring cameos as their real life roles in some parts and others in fictional roles. And he is the executive producer, actor, director, AND editor of the show. You have to stop and think about how difficult it is to pull that off.

Discuss all things Louie and Louis CK!!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Sep 24, 2011,
Haven't seen the show but I love Louie CK.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
Haven't seen the show but I love Louie CK.

Most of the 1st season episodes are on Hulu. You can catch up there!

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
louie louie louie louiaaaaay louie louie louie louaaaaaaaah

I've seen the episode with Joan Rivers. I thought it was really good, I haven't watch any more though.
I love everything about it. Louie, Wilfred, Sunny, and The League are some of the only good shows I've seen in a very long time.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I love everything about it. Louie, Wilfred, Sunny, and The League are some of the only good shows I've seen in a very long time.

I feel like it's like Sunny but with a clearer and substantive artistic direction.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by The Picker
louie louie louie louiaaaaay louie louie louie louaaaaaaaah

yeah that's about all I know about his show.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I've watched a few episodes. It's good, but I haven't found myself hooked like I am with some shows.
i love that show havent seen good tv like that in a while

one of my favorite parts is when hes looking out the window and a van comes in and replacesa hobo on the streets i laughed at that for like 5 minutes
I like some of Louis CK's stuff but I hate hate hate the show.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
Quote by supersac
i love that show havent seen good tv like that in a while

one of my favorite parts is when hes looking out the window and a van comes in and replacesa hobo on the streets i laughed at that for like 5 minutes

Yea, that's another great element, the splashes of surrealism on the show.

I love the psychiatrist scenes from the first season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLOO9xtFTIU

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Louis CK is far and away my favorite comedian, and Louie is one of the best comedies on TV right now, along with It's Always Sunny and Archer.
Quote by Xiaoxi

Yea, that's another great element, the splashes of surrealism on the show.

I love the psychiatrist scenes from the first season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLOO9xtFTIU

...i always wondered what he was thinknig about
You're an angel, and I want you to drown in my cum.

Love the show, Louie is my favorite comedian.

^Breaking Bad is the greatest show on TV right now, but you really can't compare it to Louie.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I thought Lucky Louie was a better show and I wish it was still on.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Best show on TV. It shits all over Sunny or whatever else you kids jack off constantly.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by tayroar
Breaking Bad is better.

Nothing touches Breaking Bad.

I've watched a couple episodes of Louie but it didn't attract me enough to watch it every week.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I thought Lucky Louie was a better show and I wish it was still on.

I saw clips of it and thought it was completely not in his territory. He was destined to do more than say short one-liners to a laugh track. He actually addressed that frustration in an episode of Louie, about how fake and unrewarding it is to do a traditional sitcom.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I saw clips of it and thought it was completely not in his territory. He was destined to do more than say short one-liners to a laugh track. He actually addressed that frustration in an episode of Louie, about how fake and unrewarding it is to do a traditional sitcom.
He wasn't talking about that show. He was talking about an unaired pilot he did for CBS.

Lucky Louie is pretty much what he wanted.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

Lucky Louie is pretty much what he wanted.

Weird. Regardless, I didn't like it.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm rewatching the pilot on DVD right now thanks to this thread.

It's so hard for me to pick a favorite episode, but the first one that comes to mind for me is the one where Louie is out on a date and he gets harassed by a teenage punk. The one with Nick DiPaolo is very memorable to me, too.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Weird. Regardless, I didn't like it.
Why's it weird? He wanted a Honeymooners-esque sitcom, and that's what it is. He did say that he wished that he was less prepared as an actor, and worked off the energy of the audience more than his acutal lines.

Louie is a lot more like the short films he made when he just started doing stand up, and I think before he started writing for Conan.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I didn't find my self hooked by this show, but I found it funny, I'll probably catch up.

But Louie C.K. is very funny I remember watching him on Conan and him being hilarious, also him on Parks & Rec was amazing.
Most real and soulful show, ever. Also, after missing the boat 4 years in a row I have FINALLY gotten tickets to see him live next month
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i was just gonna make a thread about this show, but i searched and this came up

man, this show is so f*cking depressing, but it's awesome too.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
i love his stand up. the show is also great, but i haven't really felt the need to catch up on the new episodes.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Meh, I like his stand up better.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Page 1 of 3