as you know i have a messed up floyd rose, it now has many different saddles of varying heights and all of them are are placed equally at the same distance from the nut.

the resulting problem is string buzz on certain strings and generally uncomfortably playing.

my question is, how should i place my saddles for each individual string

and is there a factor of height for the strings? do different string require different height adjustment? ill i got for shims is aluminium foil.

thanks alot
Last edited by noobkerpal at Sep 25, 2011,
y did u post a picture of a guitar without a floating trem ??
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
read the topic , i was trying to show an example of string length in case i wasn't clear enough
Quote by noobkerpal
read the topic , i was trying to show an example of string length in case i wasn't clear enough

That still doesn't explain why you posted a random picture. Scale length is measured from nut to bridge. The shape or style of guitar has absolutely no effect on scale length. You should adjust the saddles so that your intonation is in tune with your strings. I don't understand what the issue is.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
That still doesn't explain why you posted a random picture. Scale length is measured from nut to bridge. The shape or style of guitar has absolutely no effect on scale length. You should adjust the saddles so that your intonation is in tune with your strings. I don't understand what the issue is.

sorry for confusing you guys , i didnt realise the position of the string tru holes had anything to do with the intonation, i assumed it was the same as the saddle on a FR.