Hello,
So i currently play a dean vendetta (with EMG Hzs) thru a Peavey Vypyr, and i need a better guitar suited for playing metal. I generally play Metallica, AC/DC etc,
My requirements are good tone for both solos and riffing and also ease of play. And also i might be using the whammy bar quite a LOT.
My budget is currently INR 32,000(max) which comes around to be $650 and i have selected a bunch of guitars from those available in my country.. sorry second-hands arent available here that easily.
Jackson: RX10DX(randy rhoads) , WRXT (warrior)
Schecter: Damien 6 FR, Damien V FR Damien B2 FR
Ibanez: S470, s570, RG470AHZ, PGM3

Any Suggestions???...Please ?

PS; I LIKE GUITARS WITH WACKY SHAPES!
your budget really limits you. you'll need at least $1000 US/Aus to get a decent guitar with a neck thru/set neck. do you prefer a guitar with 25.5'' with 24 frets?
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
S570's arent bad, but im not sure about the trems.

look at jackson dk2's, great licenced floyd roses.

whacky shapes? jackson warrior with floyd
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
The new Jackson X series guitars are all neck-through I believe, but they have Floyd Rose Specials on them. I thought about buying the Soloist one and changing out the trem for a Schaller Floyd, but that'd put you over your budget

I can't speak for how good the Floyd Rose Specials are, I've never used one
Quote by jeffmetalhead
your budget really limits you. you'll need at least $1000 US/Aus to get a decent guitar with a neck thru/set neck. do you prefer a guitar with 25.5'' with 24 frets?

Yea, i would be happy to.. anything decent enuf wud do..
Quote by EspTro
S570's arent bad, but im not sure about the trems.

look at jackson dk2's, great licenced floyd roses.

whacky shapes? jackson warrior with floyd

dont all of them have the same JT580LP ones?
S470/570's are a great buy, love my second-hand one I got this past summer!
Musical things I do
http://www.youtube.com/user/CGuitar2112

GEAR
Ibanez RG 7421
Ibanez S470DXQM - Viking Red
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 RN
Greg Bennet Custom
Peavey Raptor I
Atomic Reactor 112 Amp
Line 6 POD HD w/ MkII Express
Any of the Ibanez S models will have the best trem out of all of those.

Just keep in mind that your guitar is only contributing a small percentage of your overall tone. Most of your tone comes from your amp, and especially since you have a small modeling amp, you may not notice a very big difference between your guitar and any you're looking at.

Unless you really need/want another guitar, you might be better off investing in a better amp first.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hey man, i don't that is the best, but i personally loved ESP guitar for metal.

My advice would be:

depending on your budget:

If you buy a low end guitar, try am buy an EMG 81 and put it in the bridge

- If you can buy a 400 series or above they already have good pick ups
Okay, trems aside, which one do i go for , interms of trem and playability, cos u see the biggest problems with my current shit guitar is its action( too high and unable to lower it further thanks to fret buzzing.) and its shitty tone.... and i checked out the schecter damien b2(FR) from a local store and found it a great improvement.
And the reason why i dont wanna go for higher end models, is cos i will starting earning after a year, and will b able to afford upto $2000 .. but i might perform in small college gigs until then.. so..and thats why i wanted a crazy shape.. to get some chicks..
Sounds like you just need a good setup for your guitar. All guitars will get fret buzz as you lower action. That's just the way it works. You can set up the guitar to get it as minimal as possible though.

I agree EMG HZ's are shitty, but even if you had BKP's, they won't make as big a difference as they should through your SS modeling amp, like I said before.

Honestly, chicks really don't go for the crazy shapes. They tend to go for classic shapes like LP's and strats. Anything over the top, and they'll probably shy away from you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Sounds like you just need a good setup for your guitar. All guitars will get fret buzz as you lower action. That's just the way it works. You can set up the guitar to get it as minimal as possible though.

Yea, i actually tried that.. i event went to 2-3 good guitar stores, and they all tried.. apparently they all claimed that the neck was too low compared to the bridge, guess its some manufacturing defect... the only other suggestion i got was to modifiy/ change the neck.
Quote by Offworld92

I agree EMG HZ's are shitty, but even if you had BKP's, they won't make as big a difference as they should through your SS modeling amp, like I said before.

but i jus bought this one... ... actually i had a really shitty dean 10W amp that came with it

Quote by Offworld92

Honestly, chicks really don't go for the crazy shapes. They tend to go for classic shapes like LP's and strats. Anything over the top, and they'll probably shy away from you.

i dunno abt ur place man... but arnd here, its different, cos during our college rock fest, this guy had this dean ml with lightning graphic... and chicks were all over him !!
The problem is that getting a guitar because of its shape is daft. It may not be the best instrument and and girl with an ounce of brains will dismiss any guy with a daft shaped guitar as a complete ****. When you get a bit older you'll probably look back and see yourself that way too. I certainly did!! Anyway, of the guitars you mention, the Ibanez 'S' series is undoubtedly the best value. It's comfortable to play, has a really low action, good tone and easily the best trem out of all of those. The pickups aren't the best but through your amp it won't make too much difference and it will take an upgrade later on very well. While he's not a guitarist I particularly like, Herman Li used an Ibanez 'S' series of the price range you're talking about for many years and still used it regularly even when he also had Prestige models in his collection. Obviously he just uses his signature model now but I think it's a measure of just how good the cheaper 'S' series are and certainly proves how much abuse the trem system will take.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
...So S570 is supposed to better than S470 right??
Last edited by nitarsh at Sep 25, 2011,
Not much difference between the s570 and s470, probably just a different year of manufacture? (older ones might be 22 fret instead of 24) The s320 & s420 are dual humbuckers with no middle pickup. Until you go into the prestige S's, you're just paying more for a fancy finish (s770) or that middle pickup. If you don't care for looks and are fine with an HH setup, the s420 is the best guitar in its price range. You could also see if you can find a used rg1570 prestige.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Hmm... im confused now.. btw.... are the s series guitars proper metal guitars?... cos i saw a s520EX online and it claimed to be a metal version.
I'd get the cheaper Ibanez and use the money you save for a pickup swap.

The Ibanez S series tremolo, the ZR, is pretty good. I'd avoid all other trems in that price range, except for the Korean OFR, the FRT-1000/2000/3000 series.
Quote by nitarsh
Hmm... im confused now.. btw.... are the s series guitars proper metal guitars?... cos i saw a s520EX online and it claimed to be a metal version.

No such thing as a 'metal' guitar. You can play metal on just about anything!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
hmm.. Thanks a lot ppl... For helping me decide on sth that i was pondering on for weeks.... So Ibanez S420 it is...