I am looking to buy a second hand guitar as I have a fender starcaster, which is a good guitar to start off with... But I have been playing for nearly 3 years now and I want a better guitar. I have been looking at an Epiphone Black Beauty and found a second hand one for £150, I was wondering if there's something wrong with it as it's so cheap...

Here's the ad;

Epiphone Black Beauty
jesus christ that's cheap and a good guitar...

and near me...

i'd suggest you go and play it and check for yourself

or i will xD
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Probably a fake.

Some things are too good to be true.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Crazy cheap. Check it now, thing is there's no proper picture on the ad.. Also it says mahogany top, surely it's a maple cap? Or have I misunderstood?
Ask for pictures of the guitar and especially the front/back of headstock. Gives you a chance to determine fakeness and see a serial number.

If he refuses, screw it. Don't waste your time or money on a fake.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Post pics up after you bought it and we can let you know.

I still want to warn you its probably is fake.

£150 is way to cheap for a BB unless its beat to shit.

Good luck!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by JNBloomy
I dont think it's a fake as it says it's a few years old and it's on a second hand website... Also, the black beauty is mahogany not maple. I'm going to check it out later today

don't be so naïve. it's not good for you.

i'd be suspicious of it simply because the seller has posted up a stock photo rather than the actual item he is selling. so the specs are accurate, because they match the epiphone website? anyone can read epiphone's website.

i'd strongly recommend that you ask for pictures of the actual guitar before you go and try it, and if you're no good at spotting a fake, post them here and people will be glad to help you identify whether it's fake or legit.

otherwise if you don't know how to spot a fake you probably won't know it's a fake until you've bought it and shown it to someone who can recognise it as a fake...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Leave it mate.

Sorry

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I don't get it. Why would anyone want to fake an Epiphone?
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Thats why, you wouldnt think they would bother faking a cheap guitar.

You see a Gibson Custom Artisan for $600 you know its fake but nobody would think twice about a $250 dollar epi,

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The BBs rarely go for sub £250-300

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i just got a reply and he said i could go and see it and stuff if i wanted to...

so he seems legit so far.

it's up to you TS if you still wanna pursue it xD i would but i'm low on funds for the next 6 weeks lol
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Stock photo and specs that look like they're copied from a website sets off a huge alarm in my head. Does not look legit at all.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by OldRocker
I don't get it. Why would anyone want to fake an Epiphone?

it seems like you say this in every thread regarding fake epis and i always say the same thing: your statement perfectly outlines one of the main reasons why people do make fake epiphones - not so many people suspect it. as well as that, it's also harder to spot a fake epiphone than it is to spot a fake gibson.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.