Budget:Not more than €3000
Orientation: Right handed.
Strings : 7
Pickup config: H S H with the coil split function at positions 2 and 4.
Wood: Some kind of dark sounding wood.
PickupsiMarzio high outputs.
Bridge style floating trem system.
Frets:24
Shape: Strat or Superstrat.
Pickguard: Prefered.
EDIT: NO signature lines.
EDIT2:BUDGET IS NOW DOWNED TO 1500 TO GET A BETTER AMP INSTEAD OF JUST 1 HELL OF A GUITAR!
Last edited by liampje at Sep 26, 2011,
MM JP 7 string? it has everything but a single coil.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Music Man. But the JP stands for John Petrucci For that sort of money and specs, you might need to get something crafted.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Music Man John Petruci 7 string model
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ibanez J Custom.

Or see if you can prize a Tom Anderson 7 off somebody who has one.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Ibanez J Custom.

Or see if you can prize a Tom Anderson 7 off somebody who has one.

From what countries can I order that J custom?
I can't find one a single online store.
For that much couldn't you just have one custom made?
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Quote by GAPendragon
For that much couldn't you just have one custom made?

I can save up to any budget.
I have no bills to pay, no insurance no other costs then strings and gear.
I'm getting my first job soon so I'll be earning more money .
But what companies make good custom guitars?
And preferably some links :p.
wait you're buying a bugera v22 because a traynor ycv50b is too much to stretch to and then are going to drop 3000 euro on a guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 25, 2011,
Quote by Dave_Mc
wait you're buying a bugera v22 because a traynor ycv50b is too much to stretch to and then are going to drop 3000 euro on a guitar?

Never told you that I was going to buy a bugera.
And what I have now is a line 6 spider IV 15 watts.
I NEED a decent amp.
And like I told you I have neighboors so 50 watts is alittle to powerfull.
And a guitar goes above the amp.
The guitar is where the tone starts.
Quote by liampje

Not quite.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by liampje
I NEED a decent amp.

um.... dude if you have a great guitar and a crap amp then how will you know if the tone is good? your sound is a combination of both and will only be as good as the weakest link. the guitar may be where the tone starts but the amp is where it ends and if it can't reproduce all the tones the guitar gives well then you have wasted a bunch of money.

no offense but it would seem to me that you should have a way better sense of what guitar would suit you for that kind of money.
Quote by monwobobbo
um.... dude if you have a great guitar and a crap amp then how will you know if the tone is good? your sound is a combination of both and will only be as good as the weakest link. the guitar may be where the tone starts but the amp is where it ends and if it can't reproduce all the tones the guitar gives well then you have wasted a bunch of money.

no offense but it would seem to me that you should have a way better sense of what guitar would suit you for that kind of money.

Can't I just have something when I save up for a €3000 guitar?
I mean playing guitar keeps getting more annoying everytime I do it through that ****ing spider.
90% of the times I play is unplugged.
Also the guitars I have now show flaws.
Edge III systems just are ****ed up systems.
And my les paul epiphone has tuning stability problems even with graphite in the nut.
Dude, no one's holding you back buy whatever the hell you want with those 3000 Euros.

Fact is, you have a shit amp, the same one I lugged around for my first 2 years of playing. And I got rid of it, buy a decent tube amp, and buy whatever guitar suits you. I don't like it when people come on here ask for advice, shoot down most pieces of advice, and whines afterwards.

And sounds to me like you're buying cheap guitars expecting gold. The Edge 3 is terrible, and My Epiphone G-300 got a tuner swap and a decent set up from my favorite local tech Bryan, and it plays as good if not better than my LTD H-1001.

Buy whatever you want, if you're going to ask for advice be humble and take each piece into account.
Last edited by Kenji20022 at Sep 25, 2011,
Quote by liampje
I mean playing guitar keeps getting more annoying everytime I do it through that ****ing spider.
And my les paul epiphone has tuning stability problems even with graphite in the nut.

your first statement makes no sense. ok if your amp sucks then wouldn't buying a better amp be a bigger priority? what guitars are you using now exactly?

once again it seems to me that if you are going to sink that kind of mney into a guitar then you should have a much clearer idea of what exactly you want. it's pretty obvious you don't. for that kind of cash i'd want to be damn sure i got exactly what i wanted. i'd also ask myself if i really needed a guitar that is that expensive.
If I had that cash right now, I'd buy a nice Mesa 2x12 Roadster cab, a Peavey 6505+, an ISP Decimator, and order a custom Carvin.

I suggest this gentleman do the same, but I doubt he'll consider it.
For 3000, and the fact that you have a fairly clear idea of the specs you want, you might as well go custom and get something really awesome. E.g. Carvin as some others have said.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by liampje
Budget:Not more than €3000
Orientation: Right handed.
Strings : 7
Pickup config: H S H with the coil split function at positions 2 and 4.
Wood: Some kind of dark sounding wood.
PickupsiMarzio high outputs.
Bridge style floating trem system.
Frets:24
Shape: Strat or Superstrat.
Pickguard: Prefered.
EDIT: NO signature lines.

Ibanez RG7321MH can be easily found on the market. It's fixed bridge, but it has perfect fret leveling. You can replace the pickups with DiMarzios later (you'll have to spend some money for separate pickups.).
You guys act like he won't buy a nice amp sometime in the future to go with that guitar.
I did pretty much the same you did and bought 2 very high grade/quality guitars before any amp.

I also recommend the J Customs. You'll have to import them from Japan or go E-bay. There's a few 7 string J customs that pop up once in a while on E-bay, check on that often. The 6 string version are sold here in the US at stores like Guitar Center or Musicians Friend, but no 7 strings. The Edge Zero trem is a completely different beast than the crap they put on low end Ibanez.
^ Not really, since he already stated that he has a low end Ibanez, and a Low end Epiphone, with his Line 6 Spider.

I mean, I bought all 6 of my really nice guitars before getting a gig-able amp, and I'm still saving up for a Tube Amp/Axe FX and a 7 String. But I wouldn't recommend anyone seriously play a 3000$ guitar through a shitty amp, or unplugged. Seriously.

And he doesn't sound like he knows what he wants, besides the spec sheet. I mean, from what he said a used JP7 seems like a perfect match for him.
I had a low end Ibanez RG370DX, and before that a $99 strat copy going through amp sims out to my crap speakers.

I decided cheap guitars are no way to go if i was serious, and from then i jumped straight into a $3500 J Custom after only 1.5 years of playing. No regrets not buying a decent amp first because i knew for sure sometime down the future id be buying a very good amp. I just hope he's thinking along the same lines or else i'd recommend splitting the budget between a good guitar and a good amp. In the end, its his money, i'm just here trying to suggest good guitars.

How specific did you want him to be? He practically gave a spec sheet of EXACTLY what he wanted. From what he said, a JP7 is not for him because he doesn't want an artist signature guitar.
I still have my Epiphone G-310 which I modded, plays great now!

I personally don't recommend jumping into it like that. That's more of an investment than anything. But if it works for some people there's nothing wrong with it. I'm about to make my first big purchases soon or investments for my playing haha.

And it's not him being specific, it's the fact that he doesn't know what HE wants. A spec sheet is a spec sheet, there's hundreds of different guitars that fit the bill, but he seems split between getting a custom order and buying something that he'll like. And I believe it is, simply because it fits every single spec, even if it is an artist signature it's something that he could look at that's extremely close to what he wants.

I just can't imagine owning the JPX7 that's coming my way soon and plugging it through a Spider.
theres some buzz going around about strictly 7 guitars... based in ohio its basically a 100% custom build. he covers just about everything and uses pretty exotic woods if thats what your into as well. emailed him for a quote, if u want me to post it i would be happy to. it was well under 3k US dollars so should be under budget for u. but then again with that high of a budget you could probably get crazy specs.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by liampje
I NEED a decent amp.

22 watts is still going to be too loud if your neighbours are really close. Those 5 watt tube amps are too loud if you want to crank them, let alone 22 watts or 50.

I wouldn't say the guitar goes above the amp, they're both vitally important.

Quote by liampje

you can buy whatever you like, it's your money and your call- but don't expect us to rubber-stamp it if we disagree with how you're spending it.

If you want to go against the consensus, that's your prerogative, but realise that that's what you're doing.

FWIW, I'm not saying not to get a guitar. But with, say, 3300 euro you could get a 1500 guitar and a 1500 amp and both would be badass. instead of a 3300 guitar which might be marginally better, and a 300 euro amp which is much worse.

As raz1289 is saying, if you are planning on buying a kickass amp very soon down the line after you buy that 3000 euro guitar, then by all means have at it.

But I'm guessing from your bugera thread you're not planning on doing that.

And also, you have a couple of pretty cheap guitars at the moment- that doesn't mean that you have to go to 3000 euro guitars to get a good guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 26, 2011,
Quote by Dave_MC
FWIW, I'm not saying not to get a guitar. But with, say, 3300 euro you could get a 1500 guitar and a 1500 amp and both would be badass. instead of a 3300 guitar which might be marginally better, and a 300 euro amp which is much worse.

This seems like a great idea.
But 1500 has probably got like 100 watts.
And actually I've been disturbed pretty much by those ****ing neighboors.
Let the watts come in!
No but my dad wouldn't let me and my bro will get pissed.
Now I will make another thread about getting a new amp and for this one New budget= 1500
Quote by liampje
Let the watts come in!
Now I will make another thread about getting a new amp and for this one New budget= 1500

i use a 50 watt amp at home and just don't get crazy with the volume (unless no ones home). you can find plenty of amps that have switchable power that can be switched down for home use or up for gigs. you can spend way more than 1500 on some ofthe boutique 5 watters so more money doesn't always equel more watts.

i guarantee you can find yourself a great guitar for 1500 E.
Good choice man! I know you'll be happier with the result. If you want to build a guitar exactly to those specs check out Carvin, you might even have some cash left over!
Quote by liampje
Let the watts come in!

yeah... as i said, wattage doesn't always equal volume (or at least, by that i mean a higher wattage amp often sounds better at a lower volume than a lower wattage amp), my 100 watt engl sounds better at lower volumes than my 50 watt laney does.

of course there are plenty of 100 watters which need to be turned up too, so you need to judge each amp on its own merits.

as monwobobbo says, you can get lower wattage amps too (from the likes of cornford), but the problem with some of the lower wattage amps (mainly talking about the single-enders here) is that they don't always sound the same as the bigger amps which have a push-pull power amp. And also, ironically, they often have to be turned up more to sound good. A 5 watter cranked is way louder than a 100 watter on 1, for example, and if the 100 watter on 1 does the tone you want...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?