Recently My guitar has been making those weird noise on clean, like some kind of distortion when I play louder.

its very bothering and I would like to know what cause this.

I know its not my disto Pedal; the sound clean sound is disorted even without it
It might be my cables but im doubting as I tried my 3 different one and all sounded the same. (tho their all prety old and kinda beat up).

So im thinking either MY guitar or the amp is the probleme.

Im running a 6 string schecter hellraiser c1-fr with EMG pick up on an roland 30x Amp (yeah i know...).

There a Mp3 File on my profile with an example of what im talking about.

So if any gearhead can help me figure this out?

BTW; Its not the recording, I know how to use a mic, thanks.
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Sep 25, 2011,
Can you try with a diff guitar? You EMG's may be too hot, but I'm not familia with the Cubes.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Can you try with a diff guitar? You EMG's may be too hot, but I'm not familia with the Cubes.

My only other elec guitar is Totaly broke. So no , I cant at the moment. But the recording on my profile was made this morning without even playing it before.

thanks for your reply.
Quote by ShevanelFlip
Recently My guitar has been making those weird noise on clean, like some kind of distortion when I play louder.

heard the clip on profile. it sounds like your preamp is fuzzing out, it could also be the speaker but i kinda doubt it. try rolling back the volume on your guitar 1 or 2 notches.

Quote by ShevanelFlip
its very bothering and I would like to know what cause this.

your EMG (if it is an active pup) has a preamp onboard powered by a 9V battery. this increases the magnitude of your input signal enough to clip the transistor in the first gain stage.

Quote by ShevanelFlip
I know its not my disto Pedal; the sound clean sound is disorted even without it
It might be my cables but im doubting as I tried my 3 different one and all sounded the same. (tho their all prety old and kinda beat up).

have you entirely removed the distortion pedal from the chain?

Quote by ShevanelFlip
Im running a 6 string schecter hellraiser c1-fr with EMG pick up on an roland 30x Amp (yeah i know...).

There a Mp3 File on my profile with an example of what im talking about.

the clip helped. i try another guitar if you can get access to one. bring your amp to a guitar store if nothing else and try one there.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
@gumbl

Thanks that realy helped. you hinted pick-ups might be my probleme, well I changed the battery in it and guess what...no more fuzz.

thanks for the post!
Quote by ShevanelFlip
@gumbl

Thanks that realy helped. you hinted pick-ups might be my probleme, well I changed the battery in it and guess what...no more fuzz.

thanks for the post!

wow, really? usually they get crackly and volume starts to fade on them. i wouldn't have guessed that was the pup battery, good catch.

if the battery was the problem, i recommend using a Duracell battery. Duracell doesn't slowly fade away, when it dies you get no signal and there is no troublesome/vague side effects to make yourself crazy about.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I probly dint hear it at first, espcialy because I play with distortion the most. I was thinking it could have been dust trapped in the pick up, but I guess it was simpler then that.