I'm going to buy some good quality monitor to replace my creative a300 computer
speakers.
i thought about this one:genelec 6010a.
i've got a small room, just about 8sq\m or 85 sq\inch.
This specific speakers are on sale in my country and cost 260$(usually monitors cost 20-30% more then in the US) each.
my other option is Samson Resolv A8(8 inch woofers) for 220$ each.(i guess that's useful for big studios and the monitors sound worse in the 3 inch range of volumes.)
have you checked that speakers? are they big enough for my size of room?
can you offer a good quality external sound card to connect them to my computer?
and most importantly, can a 3 inch woofer suffice for rock\metal\grunge and anything around that?
Last edited by dany_100 at Sep 25, 2011,
So normally I would say "No, 3" speakers don't have enough low end accuracy or high volume for mains" but that is a really good price for those Genelec 6010A's. I've worked on these some and they are phenomenal speakers that will certainly suffice if you don't want to get really loud. I'd say they are your best bet hands down if you wanna go for smaller speakers, especially at that price.

If you're looking for a bit more power but still high quality sound, I would check out the 5" 50watt JBL LSR2325P.

To recommend an audio interface, I would need to know a bit more about your needs: microphone preamps, line inputs, midi channels, outputs (mains, headphones, etc), usb/firewire, mac/pc, built in effects, price range... you get the idea.
Last edited by bucketh3ad at Sep 25, 2011,
If you want them for accurate listening and mixing, get the smaller ones for a smaller room. I had to argue with my tutor for Music Tech in college to get the walls of the tiny mixing room carpeted, because the big monitors would bounce the sound off every surface and sound like absolute shit,
i just need an audio interface for the 2 speakers to go to my computer... what are the purposes of usb in the interface?
im guessing that an ability to record 1 instrument as well is necessarily...
adbot
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
3 inch is never enough according to my mom.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
3 inch is never enough according to my mom.

We get it, you fuck your mom. Shit get's old. Maybe try your dad?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by carlos_almighty
We get it, you fuck your mom. Shit get's old. Maybe try your dad?

My dad?

I would never do that, he fucks me.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I've used those monitors at uni, they sound really good.

edit: dunno about the bass response though, the room my uni has them in has a subwoofer big enough to sit on as well.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Sep 25, 2011,
how they compare to a Samson Resolv A8 or a6, or any other speakers in that price range?