Hey

In a couple of weeks or so, i'm going to help teach my friend(and bandmate) guitar. he already knows some basics and he's doing some lessons at the local music centre at grade 2. so he'll be learning pentatonic, some improv and a few songs in those lessons. so what should i teach him? i want to be able to build upon what he does in lessons but i also want to teach him some techniques as well. what sort of structure would you suggest?

Thanks
Owynn
I think the worst thing you could do is throw a bunch of techniques at him.

He's got a teacher. What you should do is be his friend: play together, play chords for each other and improvise together. He'll naturally ask you questions about various things you do, answer them.
Quote by 3OddOnes
Hey

In a couple of weeks or so, i'm going to help teach my friend(and bandmate) guitar. he already knows some basics and he's doing some lessons at the local music centre at grade 2. so he'll be learning pentatonic, some improv and a few songs in those lessons. so what should i teach him? i want to be able to build upon what he does in lessons but i also want to teach him some techniques as well. what sort of structure would you suggest?

Thanks
Owynn

You just gave your own answer right before your question lol.
I'd simply ask what he did in his pevious lesson, and focus on that. I don't think you're a very experienced teacher so I'm wary of two teachers confusing the student in the middle.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud