The neck pickup on my epiphone sg is silent unless I have heavy distortion.

What do you think the problem is? The neck pickup is less than an 8th of an inch farther from the strings, could that be it?
Do you have battery?

Open the back of your guitar. Check for every cable and mostly the one for your neck pick-up. Make sure the contact is good... Just check for any anormally...

The neck pickup is less than an 8th of an inch farther from the strings, could that be it?

It seem really close to the string... Was this like this before or you change something? In my opinion this should make sound even louder.
Quote by MGTForum
Do you have battery?

Open the back of your guitar. Check for every cable and mostly the one for your neck pick-up. Make sure the contact is good... Just check for any anormally...

It seem really close to the string... Was this like this before or you change something? In my opinion this should make sound even louder.

Sorry, I meant 8th of an inch farther in relation to the bridge pickup.
Probably a cold solder join, or the pickup selector switch isn't connecting properly, a ground wire is touching something it shouldn't and so on. There's no certain cause, just open up the back of the guitar and look for anything that doesn't look like it's connected properly or parts which are touching that look like they shouldn't be. There's a lot of pictures all over the internet of what the inside of an SG's wiring should look like that you can use for reference.
Quote by grohl1987
Probably a cold solder join, or the pickup selector switch isn't connecting properly, a ground wire is touching something it shouldn't and so on. There's no certain cause, just open up the back of the guitar and look for anything that doesn't look like it's connected properly or parts which are touching that look like they shouldn't be. There's a lot of pictures all over the internet of what the inside of an SG's wiring should look like that you can use for reference.

So I'll need to solder?
Thanks for the help, there was as thick wooly substance on one the wires. Works perfectly now that a cleaned it.
Last edited by Awesomdor at Sep 25, 2011,