Haven't played my electric in about a year. Started up again and I don't like the sound I'm getting, pretty sure it's just my amp, it was never impressive to begin with.

My guitar is a PRS SE Custom. My current amp is just a fender frontman 15g I got 5 years ago with my first starter guitar back in the day. It's probably time for a new amp.

I just want an amp for home so it doesn't have to be a lot of watts. Simple 15 watts no more than 30 I'm guessing unless you recommend otherwise.

My closest big city is west palm beach, Florida.

I'm looking for a new amp, not used.

I like all music with guitars of course but my main genres are hardcore, post-hardcore, metalcore, and punk like easycore stuff. I like playing stuff from bands like Asking Alexandria, Devil Wears Prada, Drugs, Memphis May Fire, but I also like some easycore bands like Four Year Strong and Chunk, no Captain Chunk, although that guitar sound is very similar to the other bands I guess. So that's the sound I'm looking for from my guitar. You may not like those bands but that's the kind of stuff I like to listen and play.

Finally my budget is on the lower end, one cause I can't spend too much and two, it's only a home amp for me, not gigging or anything like that. So budget is ideally about 100 dollars, absolutely not any more than 200 but would rather spend the least as possible of course like anyone would prefer. I saw things such as the 15 watt peavy vypyr, 15 watt line 6, a simple Marshall 15 watt, etc. But I know nothing about what direction to go so please list any or all your great suggestions. Thank you all so much in advance for the help! I appreciate it a lot.
fender super champ used or on sale
Mr. Zachary Vex on the fuzz probe: "Congratulations. You must be insane. Even I don't get how to use this pedal".
I highly recommend a 15 watt Vypyr. Wonderful little amp, especially for the heavier stuff. Much better than the spider and the mg.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Vyper 30 is $199 and it has a 12" speaker which is much better for handeling the lows of those styles.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Roland cube amps have great low end and the metal tone is really good for such small amps.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
You could also go to guitar center and try out a bunch of amps in your price range. Don't try out the mg and the line 6 spider amps, they sound pretty bad.
Keep the suggestions coming, great help. Do the amps like the vypyr and such lose a good sound when the on board fx are used. Like I own an old digitech rp250 which I bought a few years back and I never use it because it makes the tone of the guitar sound fake ish or very processed even with using no effects and just a simple amp model on it, hard to explain what I mean. Will I suffer from that from these amps with their on board effects or not? Is that sound issue just a side effect from stand alone multiple effect processors or maybe even just the digitech rp series? Thanks all, keep em coming!

Btw, does the vypyr 30's 12 inch speaker really make a difference in sound quality compared to the vypyr 15's 8 inch speaker or is it just a volume and loudness issue?

Edit: oh and also, I like to play through my headphones a lot too.
Last edited by PRSRocker3390 at Sep 25, 2011,
The Roland cube takes digitech pedals very well actually. I use the rp355 with my Roland cube 15x and the effects still sound very good even when its hooked up to the cube.

^ you'll also get a little more low end with a larger speaker.
I've also seen some crate amps in this range too, any feedback on those? I have one of the older generation digitechs from about 4 years back, its not the greatest thing and quite frankly i dont like using it. So I just want an amp that will be great on its own and maybe eventually i'll try adding some effects i may want later.

So far, I guess its between the peavey vypyr or the roland cube. Hmmm, I keep looking around myself as well. Planning to buy one very soon, hopefully with next pay check.
I guess you should go check your local store, and try some amps, they will most likely have a few cheap modelling amps there (peavey vypyr, roland cube,...) I own a roland cube 20x, and was satisfied (until I got my orange) with the metal tones.

#2 of the Orange TH30 Clique
Gear:
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC410 Cab
Ibanez ART500e
Cort KX5
Almansa 434 Cedro