Hey UG! just trying to see how much money i need to raise in the upcoming months for a pretty decent setup. I just stepped from my spider IV and got a 6505+ and now im trying to see what will make my tone better. im also probably getting a new guitar, one without a floyd rose cuz im sick of staying in just standard and drop d tuning. I mainly play 80s thrash and glam, but once i can get something in lower tuning, ill be playing some death metal too. my budget is most likely going to be 500$ for all. and i cant buy used. so basically:

Need: new guitar with no Floyd Rose
something for a volume boost for solos

Undecided gear
(Not sure which
ones to get): Chorus
eq
delay
anything else you guys suggest

So what combination/ types of gear will most likely satisfy me? Help is appreciated. thanks
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Shecter Hellraiser Crimson Burst
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Last edited by livingston96 at Sep 25, 2011,
Epiphone G-400 vintage $299 new, a Tube screamer to bost your solos, and a delay/reverb.....thats $500 worth of new stuff.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i'd go for a kramer striker or an aria mac series guitar, or a hamer cx series, with a chorus pedal and a delay pedal. a phaser of some sort would also be pretty cool
Id go with a Kramer and an EQ pedal since you specifically said you wanted a boost for solos
how well will the g-400 be for metal? it strikes me as more of a classic rock guitar...
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Shecter Hellraiser Crimson Burst
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Quote by livingston96
how well will the g-400 be for metal? it strikes me as more of a classic rock guitar...

Pretty much any guitar you put through a 6505 will be metal enough.
Quote by livingston96

It is more of a classic rock thing, but it will give you the thickness of the humbuckers. Personally, i feel if you have humbuckers, it'll do metal. Of course certain buckers are more suited for metal but thats a different story. I'd suggest an Ibanez but the problem is that the floyds will be pretty bad at that price range.

You could get an EQ for a boost but personally a tube screamer would do the job better. Plus you could use it as a regular overdrive if you want. But with the EQ you do get alot more options, and you could use it for a clean boost.

Chorus/delay/reverb thats all up to you. But since you basically asked our recommendations, i'd go with a good reverb pedal. I don't use delay much but that depends on you. Chorus is meh.....chorus? Well all three are useful. Its about what you use the most.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?