Okay, I've got about £300 to spend on an amp, I might be able to stretch a bit further. I've been looking around and Marshall seem out of the question, I don't want an MG series head, and the rest of the amps have a much larger price tag. I was looking at a Kustom KG100HFX half stack and a Behringer VT100FXH virtube half stack. I'm swayed towards the Kustom, there seems to be less to go wrong, but I couldn't find any reliable reviews on it.
Anybody got any previous experiences with either of these amps? And anybody got ideas for other decent half stacks?
I'm located near Manchester and I play a Gibson Les Paul Studio through a load of analogue FX so I want a decent clean channel. I need a 4x12 cab to project my sound better while gigging, so yeah, ideas please?

Thanks in advance
A half stack for £300 isn't going to be very good, to be honest. You'd be better off saving your money to get something more expensive, but better.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
honestly the best thing would be to save your money deal with what you have now and get a nice tube combo later
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
not this again.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I was resigned to playing shitty solid state amps like Marshall MGs forever, but saved up money anyway. One day I came across a nice used tube halfstack for about 40% of what it would have been new, so I jumped on it.

If you really can't stand your FM, you could trade up to a Mustang combo. I've seen those used professionally with great results. A half stack is a real pain to lug around, and not worth it if it sounds like crap.

Save up for a good one.
Save your money and get something better. What style do you play?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
for £300 you're not gonna get a high wattage half stack worth having, but you can easily get yourself a good tube combo.

you probably don't "need" a 4x12 to project your sound. having that big wall of sound is one thing, sounding good is another... and a good sound is not something you're likely to get out of a cheap head and a cheap 4x12...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
You'll barely get a worthwhile cab for £300, let alone an amp to go with it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by iheartgun
honestly the best thing would be to save your money deal with what you have now and get a nice tube combo later

Interesting, and I would have a budget of about £400 but for the fact that I'm planning on buying a VHT special 6 head that I could also use on this cab.

So say I didn't go for the VHT aswell, do you think I could get any other decent stacks In the £400 range?

And Kutless, I'm not looking for a massively fancy piece of kit, and I'm not planning on spending $130 on it either. Actual recommendations would be appreciated.

I've looked into the Mustang combos and stacks and they just seem so overcomplicated, like there's alot to go wrong, but I'll take another look at them, maybe some of the earlier models are more simple.

I play most styles of rock, from pop punk to metal, but nothing like death metal or screamo.

Thanks for all of the replies everyone, I appreciate it
^ yeah probably as long as you have good fire insurance on your house
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah probably as long as you have good fire insurance on your house

Oh God. I melted the carpet in my music room just today, if this thing's a hazard, I'm screwed XD
i think they've fixed the fire hazard problems.

still don't have the best rep for reliability, though.

EDIT: for a little more you could maybe consider the traynor ycv50b on thomann
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Are you willing to go used?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
If you have a limited budget then used is the wise move.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think they've fixed the fire hazard problems.

still don't have the best rep for reliability, though.

EDIT: for a little more you could maybe consider the traynor ycv50b on thomann

I've just had a look at it thanks for the info, and I'd consider used as long as it's in decent condition, I'm willing to replace tubes though.
Oh, you got the head covered and just want a cab?

I got my used Marshall 1960a for $369. It has some tears in the grill and the tolex, and there's wear on the screws holding the back end on, so there's no telling what sepeakers it really has in it anymore, but it gets the job done and it's only gotten compliments for the tone. So I'm not even going to bother opening it to see what's in there.
u could find a used peavey windsor or classic 100 head for 200 bucks and if u hunt down a yamaha s412 cab you will be spending a little more than 300. maybe like 400.
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Johhny Roadhouse have a 3x10 JTM Combo that sounds killer for I think £400

Go down and try it out. They also have a couple of second hand half decent 4x12 cabs knocking around really cheap..

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
If you near Manchester, then get yourself over to Dawsons!!

Was in there last Monday, had a VHT Lead 40 for around £300 on clearance n

Was pretty nice
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Kustom defender 5w head and matching cab
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by sean1784
Johhny Roadhouse have a 3x10 JTM Combo that sounds killer for I think £400

Go down and try it out. They also have a couple of second hand half decent 4x12 cabs knocking around really cheap..

Awesome, I haven't been in there recently, I'll have to check it out.

And I've looked in Dawsons recently, nothing really took my fancy, but I didn't know they had a clearance sale on D:
Yeah now dawsons are the same price as every where else in Manchester haha.
Check out PMT in Salford as well they have a few combos in second hand

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band