Here's another one that I don't get using the search function. Has anybody used the Thomas & Ginex fret leveling system? I just got one, to level the frets on another LP clone build. It looks like a 4-inch metal sanding beam with 3M stickit adhesive. One side levels, the other side crowns. 32 bucks, shipped. You do it with the strings on, under tension(it has a nut/string lifter thingy with it). Looked CNILE-proof to me, so I got it. I don't want to destroy the fretboard, which I was afraid of doing with stuff from Stew-Mac. I have 5 or 6 way high frets I can't get down any further with my fret punch. Anybody ever used this?
Attachments:
thomas-ginex.jpg
"Life's too short for bad tone"-Rev. Billy Gibbons
No, but let me know how it goes. Because for 32 bucks, that would solve all fretting issues I've ever had with my builds.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Should be here next weekend. If y'all want, I will take some pictures of the process and post it. My idea of leveling frets is a fret punch, then major-third bends and vibrato for a few hours, playing along with a Dixie Dregs cd. By the time I'm done, my girlfriend has moved out, the cat is hanging from the ceiling fan, and the dog is howling. Lots of fun, but even though it works, it's not worth the eviction notice.
Quote by CNILE
Should be here next weekend. If y'all want, I will take some pictures of the process and post it. My idea of leveling frets is a fret punch, then major-third bends and vibrato for a few hours, playing along with a Dixie Dregs cd. By the time I'm done, my girlfriend has moved out, the cat is hanging from the ceiling fan, and the dog is howling. Lots of fun, but even though it works, it's not worth the eviction notice.

Let us know! would love to see if it actually works.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
yeah Id gladly buy it if it would save me hours of leveling with files.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
IT WORKS!!!!!-it's a metal plate with 2 ridges on it. it comes with 3 grades of emery cloth you wrap around it. You level with the flat side, then turn it over and crown and then polish with the ridged side.You fold the paper around it The ridged side makes it follow the neck radius. I have successfuly leveled an AWFUL fret setting job with it, and am about to start the 2nd stage, crowning them. I could actually live with it now, they feel like the ones on the old Gibsons when worn about halfway, where the tops are flat, and they look kind of square.This would probably be a great time saver-certainly not perfect, and no replacement for a proper sanding beam/block, but it's pretty CNILE(idiot) proof. Worked for me.