Okay so I'm looking at getting a new guitar, and I've heard some things that suggest a Schecter might be what I'm looking for.
Obviously I don't just want to buy one online when I've never actually played one before, but I'm having a really hard time finding a shop in Manchester (England) that sells them. There used to be one called Purple Turtle in Stockport but they don't stock them any more because they got ripped off basically.
Oh I should mention, I am looking exclusively at seven strings, but I doubt I'll find any of those around so shops that only stock six strings are fine too, cos at least I'd be able to get the feel of how they play and pick between omen, demon etc and then buy online.

So yeah, let me know if you know of any! Also I go to uni in Huddersfield, so if you know any around the town centre (probably not) then tell me too.

If you want to share your (positive or negative) Schecter 7 string experiences I'd appreciate that too.
Last edited by captainsnazz at Sep 25, 2011,
Quote by captainsnazz
Okay so I'm looking at getting a new guitar, and I've heard some things that suggest a Schecter might be what I'm looking for.

what have you heard?

i tried looking for the schecter distributor for the UK but I didn't find anything, their dealer finder isn't up yet.

maybe try a yahoo UK only search for schecter?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^I found a Schecter Dealer in UK, Glasgow specifically. Found it from the Schecter's own site of international dealers.. The company is called 'Westside Distribution'
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

that's the distributor EDIT: ah yeah merchant city music in glasgow seems to be a dealer. that's not all that close to manchester, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what have you heard?

i tried looking for the schecter distributor for the UK but I didn't find anything, their dealer finder isn't up yet.

maybe try a yahoo UK only search for schecter?

Things people have told me basically amounting to them having nice necks and pickups. But basing a decision purely on what people on the internet say could be silly.

I just found this place (list of stores)
Maybe going to go there next weekend to have a look

And yeah, I found that too but Glasgow is pretty far away haha
yeah you might as well take a look if there's a store close to you.

"But basing a decision purely on what people on the internet say could be silly."

And your cure for that is to ask more people on the internet?

Seriously, though, while i know nothing about 7s, the 6-string schecters I've tried were alright, but I thought they were very dear here in the UK. You can get similar, if not even marginally better, quality from the likes of washburn for like half the price.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Haha nah I was asking people on the internet where I could find some to try for myself :P

They do seem quite expensive yeah, but I can't decide whether they're worth that much unless I give them a go I guess. I have tried a couple of washburns before (although not 7s) and they were alright but I wasn't a huge fan. If schecter turn out to be not that great I can go for ESP, which I already know I like because I've been playing one for years I'd just like a bit of variety in my axes you see.
yep, sure.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
PMT Manchester

http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/index.php/contact-manchester/

They stock schecters. There websites pretty naff though so its best just to go down. There mixed in with the ibbys and jacksons the staff are great ask for Sonny if he's in...

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband