Hello, I would like to know if anyone knows what it would cost to have my Schecter Hellraiser repainted to look like one of Vai's swirl finish JEMs. It has a matte black finish, so would I have to strip that? Or can it be painted over? I'm looking to get it professionally done because it's set neck with binding, so i don't want to risk paint accidents. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
DAS BOOT!!!
Check with a local luthier, I can imagine it'd be quite expensive because you can't just paint on another layer. They'll have to take the current paint off first, and getting the paint off of a guitar without ****ing it up is a very delicate art.
Thanks for the reply, do you know if itll be possible to repaint without screwing up the binding?
DAS BOOT!!!
Quote by AcousticMirror

Really? for that I can get a used Ibby and be confident enough to repaint it myself because of the bolt on neck...
DAS BOOT!!!
Quote by Blues Hippie
Really? for that I can get a used Ibby and be confident enough to repaint it myself because of the bolt on neck...

Probably a better plan in general for you then.
*insert witty statement here*
Quote by metalhead352
Probably a better plan in general for you then.

I see.... lol

Also, why wouldn't i strip the guitar? How would that work?
DAS BOOT!!!
We normally charge $200 flat for any guitar, but with a set neck it gets a little trickier. $225 guarateed satisfaction... and free return shipping.

Link removed by mod because advertising is not allowed.
I'd charge at lest $350 for that type of paint-job. That is a fairly involved painting process to make it look right.
I normaly charge $150 for a solid color like red, black, white.

and for hiredgunspaint no advertizing allowed, and I don't know anyone in their right mind would send a guitar to any one on e-bay to paint. No offence, but I hope you understand.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate