I just got back my score from a practice SAT test and I got a 1860. Is that good, or do I need to study more? I don't really know where I want to go to school for but I want to know what sort of options I have.
1860 is fine for a lot of places. The ones that'll frown upon that are mostly ivy league or really nice public schools. If you're shooting for Harvard or UC Berkeley, I'd shoot for at least 2000, and for Harvard, more like 2200. On the other hand, if your essay is good enough, most places don't care *that* much about your SAT/ACT.
It's not too bad. As you probably know, a perfect score is 2400, so it leaves room for improvement. A 2030 got me into Georgia Tech, so depending on what you want to study you may want to aim higher, or you may have a competitive score already. What grade are you in, if you don't mind me asking?
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by kaptkegan
1860 is fine for a lot of places. The ones that'll frown upon that are mostly ivy league or really nice public schools. If you're shooting for Harvard or UC Berkeley, I'd shoot for at least 2000, and for Harvard, more like 2200. On the other hand, if your essay is good enough, most places don't care *that* much about your SAT/ACT.

I never took an essay to get into college.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I never took an essay to get into college.

Really? I had to write at least 2 entrance essays for every application I did.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Good thing I live in Canada.

this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
Quote by kaptkegan
Really? I had to write at least 2 entrance essays for every application I did.

It depends on how competitive the school is. So low cost high value schools (or jsut seriously high value schools) tend to do it more than others, I think.
Quote by zach in black
I'm a junior in high school, and I really don't know what I want to go to school for. Probably something involving art and/or music.

Then it won't really matter much at all, to be honest. What was your reading comprehension score?
Average is 1500 (500 per section). I'd recommend taking an SAT prep class if you want a higher SAT score.

Though the SATs are a stupid form of judging intellectual competency.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by zgr0826

I was just listening to this song.... >.> <.<

That's a pretty decent score and as long as your grades are good and you do everything else required for school applications you'll probably have a pretty good chance of getting in most schools.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Gunpowder

Though the SATs are a stupid form of judging intellectual competency.

Maybe so but they are used to see if you can cope well at the school academically. It's more about knowing how to pass the tests and answer the questions properly rather than being really clever (although they usually come hand in hand)
I actually just got my results back too and i got a 2000, lol.
I feel like this is an appropriate place to ask this, if i were shooting to go to, let's say, Cornell University, what score might i wanna shoot for?
SNSD
Quote by 'Merican
I actually just got my results back too and i got a 2000, lol.
I feel like this is an appropriate place to ask this, if i were shooting to go to, let's say, Cornell University, what score might i wanna shoot for?

Probably 2200+
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Everyone was all about the ACT when I was getting ready for college. I don't think anyone took the SAT. Is there any difference really?
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
I got like a 1570 or something

Though I have a 4.0 GPA in college.

The SAT is a stupid way to judge intelligence.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...