Page 1 of 2
Lulu- The View

I feel this deserves a thread due to massive interest in the topic.

Honestly, the 30 second preview seems to have given an accurate vision of the whole song, as opposed to what so many had hoped.

EDIT: After finishing, it left me... unsatisfied... Shame.
Last edited by Kevin19 at Sep 25, 2011,
its like having an expensive as **** fine wine with ur KFC. both good things on their own but put them together and you look like a spastic.
What.... was that...
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
It sounds like a bad mash up. I like the vocals, even Metallica singers (James, right?) which is weird cuz normally I hate his voice. And there's some elements of the music that sounds good, but it's not good as a whole. And the two definitely do not go together.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
That was... odd. The music was very average, James' singing bits were quite cool though. Lou Reed's bits... not so much.

3/10 overall
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I couldn't listen to the whole thing, I was shocked how bad it is.
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212
Man, hipsters are going to be so pissed. Metallica, and lou Reed taking their song structures.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
I Am A Chorus Of The Voices That Gather Up The Magnets Set Before Mei Attract You And Repel You A Science Of The Heart And Blood And Meaningthe Coldness Of Most Beauties Is A Challenge That Our Youth Must Quickly Conquerthere Is No Time For Guilt Or Second Guessing, Second Guessing Based On Feelingi Am The Truth, The Beauty That Causes You To Cross Your Sacred Boundariesi Have No Morals Some Think Me Cheap And Someone Who Despises The Normalcy Of Heartbreak The Purity Of Lovebut I Worship The Young And Just Formed Angelwho Sits Upon The Pin Of Lust Everything Else Bores Mei Want To See Your Suicide I Want To See You Give It Up Your Life Of Reason I Want You On The Floor And In A Coffin Your Soul Shaking I Want To Have You Doubting Every Meaning You?ve Amassed Like A Fortuneoh Throw It Away For Worship Someone Who Actively Despises Youfor Worship Someone Who Actively Despises Youi Am The Root I Am The Progress I?m The Aggressor I Am The Tablet These Ten Storiesworship Worshippain And Evil Have Their Place Sitt
What the **** man.
Awful
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Oh god that was boring
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
oh my.. even if this isn't considered a true metallica record i have to say i am extremely disappointed by the work done here. After death magnetic i though maybe metallica had found some little piece of creative left behind by the epicness that happened in the 80s. but this.. was honestly the worst song i've ever heard by metallica. they've hit an all-time-low.. listening to that shit was horrible.. and what was that monotonous boring talk"singing" by reed.. so bad i'm laughing. yeah this is not something for me.
Quote by ichnusa
oh my.. even if this isn't considered a true metallica record i have to say i am extremely disappointed by the work done here. After death magnetic i though maybe metallica had found some little piece of creative left behind by the epicness that happened in the 80s. but this.. was honestly the worst song i've ever heard by metallica. they've hit an all-time-low.. listening to that shit was horrible.. and what was that monotonous boring talk"singing" by reed.. so bad i'm laughing. yeah this is not something for me.

I don't know why some Metallica fans seem to think that trying to remake your own songs from the 1980s is a sign of renewed creativity.
Anyway, it sounds like Metallica got to jam with one of their heroes and were so grateful to be doing so they ignored how bad it sounded. If Bob Dylan asked me to play an album with him I'd probably do the same thing.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Quote by catempire
I don't know why some Metallica fans seem to think that trying to remake your own songs from the 1980s is a sign of renewed creativity.
Anyway, it sounds like Metallica got to jam with one of their heroes and were so grateful to be doing so they ignored how bad it sounded. If Bob Dylan asked me to play an album with him I'd probably do the same thing.

I wasn't saying that they should remake their old songs. I was just hoping that they had found something that could spark their creative side. A side that i think was vital in making their old albums so great. Actually the load and reload albums also had that creativeness that i feared they've lost nowadays.

And this song only confirms my fears. A 5½ min song utilizing the same boring riff and drums over and over again. That's a sign of poor creativity.
Holy shit, that was trash.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
That was just dreadful.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Lou Reed is the man, but his style doesn't fit with Metallica's.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
I listened to it again. This would be cool if it had been what I thought it was going to be instead of what it is. I was expecting something drone-y, maybe Earth-esque. Instead it's a normal Metallica song, but slower!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Am I the only one who didn't think it was too bad? I would like it more if it wasn't so damn repetitive. It's just that... same riff over and over again.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Metallica has gone from Am I Evil to I AM........

Or Slayer goes to church
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I am so sick of hearing him say the word "despises". Longest two minutes of my life, then James come in and it got slightly interesting, then more crap, then James again. Then they stop doing the exact same riff and get slightly faster and Kirk does a guitar solo. Then it goes back to the same riff and finishes...

2/10, awful.
West Ham United
The guitar riff with some fuzz and gain would make a ****ing killer stoner doom metal riff, electric wizard style, BUT, the song in general, terrible.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
So bad, it's awesome.

Final ruling:

AWESOME/10
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.