i need something smaller and lighter than my carvin 100 watt combo - something that will fit in a small area and sound good at very low volume but okay when playing at home with a single guitar player. more interested in good bottom end tone (again, when quiet) than punch, although both would be nice, and mp3 mix in would be a plus.

suggestions?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Line 6 Low Down studio
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Um, a Peavey "Vyper 15". (modeling amp); http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-vypyr-15-15w-1x8-guitar-combo-amp/482908000001000 or possibly a Peavey "Ecoustic 208"; http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-ecoustic-e208-30w-2x8-acoustic-combo-amp

(The small Vyper I have and like). The 208 looks great on paper, and I like the idea of spring reverb, and a second clean channel for vocals. I'll probably grab the Ecoustic next time I hit a sale @ Musicians Friend. Black Friday will be upon us before you know it.

Are you looking for a bass amp, 'cause I just assumed guitar amp due to your "acoustic goddess" billing.....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 25, 2011,
Quote by Captaincranky
Are you looking for a bass amp, 'cause I just assumed guitar amp due to your "acoustic goddess" billing.....

If this was posted on the Bass Guitar section, then OP is obviously looking for a bass amp.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by technoguyx
If this was posted on the Bass Guitar section, then OP is obviously looking for a bass amp.
Super! Take care of it then will ya?
thanks, Robbgnarly and Captaincranky. i'll check those out.

ummm... i do play acoustic guitar, but also play and love the bass. and technoguyx is right - i posted here 'cause i'm looking for a bass amp.

budget - under $200. less is good since it's only for the house.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Sep 26, 2011,
If you can find a used Gallien Krueger MB112 combo or stretch the budget a wee bit you're set.
Providing you're in the states.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
i am in the states, and i was just doing lots of reading on the gk mb combos. i am in the states, and you can almost hear my budget stretching

consecutive e - have you tried any of the gk mb's in person? if so, what did you think?
Quote by Skeet UK
I used to have the head version of the MB112 and 115 combos. The MB200. It was a great head, lots of clean headroom and a nice crisp and clear tone. The only reason I moved mine on was because I was going through a bit of an effects stage and the GK didn't have an effects loop. They're excellent, excellent value for money. I'd buy another if I was in market.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
how was the bottom end at low volumes?

Quote by consecutive e
I used to have the head version of the MB112 and 115 combos. The MB200. It was a great head, lots of clean headroom and a nice crisp and clear tone. The only reason I moved mine on was because I was going through a bit of an effects stage and the GK didn't have an effects loop. They're excellent, excellent value for money. I'd buy another if I was in market.
Quote by Skeet UK
For basement practice, church, and low volumes, the Fender Bassman 25 (older tilt cab) sounds great. I've had mine for years and you can find them on e-bay cheap. Don't be fooled by the 10 inch speaker, it handles my 5 string basses just fine. I've used in on stage for 2000 people and just line out into the PA.
1981 G&L L 1000
Dean Razor NT5
Dean Hardtail 5
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Ash
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Mahogany
Dean Edge 1-5
Dean Edge Q-6 string
Dean Rhapsody 4
Axle Acoustic bass
MiniStar 5 string bass
Dean DOA Caddilac
Dean V-Wing acoustic
I'd go for an EBS Classic Session 60, great sounding amp and has plenty of features that would help practise loads

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
Quote by patticake
how was the bottom end at low volumes?

Pretty even across all levels. I haven't tried it with a 12 inch speaker but I'm pretty confident that it will hold up well.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
+1 I had the MB200, but it sounds like your existing amp is too bulky, as well as being in the middle ground, only able to keep up at say little acoustic gigs. You might consider selling it, and using the proceeds to help fund say a MB200 or something and a 4ohm small cab that would bring you to 200 watts so you could then turn down just as easy as you could turn up and have a very small space taken up