Okay, so I have been playing about three years, I started out learning sight reading for just about half a year. I then ended up stopping lessons and I just learned with tab :-/ I am now a senoir in highschool and in AP music theory and not only have I been expected to know sight reading I have to know how to sight sing.

So my questions are what will the fastest route be to get on board both with sight reading for guitar which is something I want to learn anyway and sight singing which I just need to learn ASAP since my whole class already can do it.

My problem and the reason I am asking this is that, playing for three years I can play some pretty decent stuff, just fun, and getting back into the sight reading books I have to start from ground zero and I find myself dicking around within five minutes of practice...How can I keep myself ontrack and what is the fastest way to catch my sight reading up to my playing?

Other problem is...idk if this will make sense; since I used tablature I just listened to how the notes were and repeated this without counting any time...so I am having trouble with rhythm I need to get some excersizes.

So what I'm considering is:
Running through old song books
Writing my own music on staff paper
using do re mi movable do to sing along to anything in a major key I can play
rewriting every song I know to figure out it's rhythm on staff paper
learning keyboard with sight reading
singing with keyboard instead of guitar
using a metronome all the time and always counting instead of just playing

but I need to know what will be the best use of my time I really need to get going asap and I know I need a lot of time but what is going to get me playing and instrument to sight music and what will get me singing using do re mi fastest?

anyother resources would be greatly appreciated

sorry for all the words ^
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Sight reading is easy to learn, but it takes time to get good at knowing what you're reading and then play it. Sight singing just depends on how good of a singer you already are. If you've never practiced hitting notes before, you'll have some trouble. Playing in time is solved by playing with a metronome. I think it's also implied that you should know your intervals by name and pitch.

Play the material you already know on your guitar, with a metronome, while singing it. Transcribe the stuff on guitar from tab to staff, then sing it with the actual song playing- through speakers not earbuds/ headphones, with it turned low so you are hearing yourself clearly. Get to the point where you can sing the instrumentals/ lyrics without the music playing. Learn new material on your guitar only from sheet music, play this with a metronome while singing it.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
Sight singing is actually easier than reading for guitar, as I'm sure many would agree. Usually when you sight read you recognize a note on the staff, relate that note to a pitch, and then translate that pitch to a spot on the guitar. When you sight sing, you cut out the third step. My advice is to start singing the major and minor scales in various keys while you're in the shower, and also sing some major and minor arpeggios <- don't forget to do the arpeggios... seriously. Lots of melodies in classical music use arpeggiated movement, so it's necessary to be able to sing those larger intervals without much trouble. Besides that, the most important thing to do is just start sight singing some basic melodies. You'll want to identify the key you're in and hear the major scale for that key before you start, so that you can see a note on the staff and identify it as the fifth, the third, the sixth or what have you, and then hear that note in relation to the root of the key. Arpeggios help a lot with this, as I assume many people can't instantly know what the sixth note in a key sounds like if they only hear the root note of the key. By singing arpeggios, you get very, very, very familiar with the 1, 3 and 5 of a key, which will help to give you anchor points to hear the other, less recognizable notes. For example, when I "hear" the six in a key, I'll often hear the fifth first and then just jump up one step to the six. After a while, this won't be necessary, but it helps a lot in the beginning - kind of like how you had to sound out words when you were a kid before you got them all memorized.