Hey guys, so I'm going to buy a guitar soon, or after christmas, but I can't make up my mind. I've been to stores to play guitars, but havent found one I LOVE there yet. I want to know if im missing some good guitars.

Well, this is what I NEED in my guitar:

1. Good Sustain, and staying in tune well
2. Bright tone, while still achieving deeper tons as well (to some extent)
3. Action needs to be low and even all the way down the fretboard. And dont tell me any guitar can do that, because plenty of guitars get horrible fret buzz.
4. Nothing more than $300 (buying used for sure, so probably around $500 worth new)
5. Humbuckers, with a 5-way or coil tap.
6. NO floating trems, hard tail preferred as I have no use for a trem.

What I WANT, or WOULD LIKE in my guitar

1. Flat top on the body, I prefer it for playing comfort, but is not needed
2. Inlays besides dots, and cool finishes are nice, but not a big deciding factor
3. Unless amazingly convined, no Epiphones, not a fan of their low/mid range stuff
4. 24 Frets, although could be worked around
5. Thin neck, and I definitely dont want a fat necked guitar.

I play lots of light to heavy, classic to modern rock... yeah :P

I've looked at several guitars, and I liek the way an IbanezRG hardtail plays and feels, but they are either under or over my budget, not that under is a huge problem, but i feel that id rather spend more for a better guitar if possible. Also, several mid range Schecters look promising. Looked into ESP, but mostly all of them have trems.

Thanks
~~~...:::My Gear:::...~~~
~.:.ESP LTD H-1001FM.:.~
~.:.Peavey Vypyr 15W.:.~
~.:.DigiTech RP355.:.~
~.:.Roland MicroCube.:.~
You could always buy the Ibanez and spend the rest on upgrading it to suit your needs.
What do you get if you drop a piano down a mineshaft?
E--4-
B--4-
G--4-
D--6-
A--6-
E--4-
thought about that, but im not sure of the overall quality of a ~$300(new) ibanez. Just saw a Schecter Omen 6 extreme online... looks like a good guitar as well, any opinions?
Quote by Diesel Weasel
thought about that, but im not sure of the overall quality of a ~$300(new) ibanez. Just saw a Schecter Omen 6 extreme online... looks like a good guitar as well, any opinions?

I dont know if its valid for extremes, but i had [A LOT] of issues with my Omen 6... Loose jack, loose pots, neck pickup always sinking, neck bending toward the trble side, nut falling off and never staying glued, and over the top, the original horn-side strap buton riped off the wood. Not gud... Is it just mine?

Edit: i also had issues with the bridge pickup, when switchig to this pip alone the output droped, leaving a clear soud when distorded and a very faint whisper when claen.
you in the USA?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I would def suggest an ibanez if that's what you're looking for. I myself will only buy new guitars, and no less than 450, But that's just cause I really notice quality differences when playing. Ibanez usually have cheaper guitars with the same quality as some higher priced guitars. My fav is def the ART series. If you can find a used ART model with the specs you want, def get it. I love mine.
Ibanez RG2EX1 or RG3EX1 should be perfect. Get a used one, and then spend the rest of your budget on a good pickup (you'll probably only be able to afford one for now).

Or you can GFS it and get 2, they're pretty good compared to stock pickups.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The Ibanez's do seem to be on a winning factor here, but I feel like I should spending a little more into a guitar with better build quality, unless these are as good as any guitar in my range. I checked out the ART series, but not to excited about that.

BTW, whatever happened to your Omen 6... that sucks, but i think thats just you. sounds like my $150 Epihpone SG Special though lol.
Quote by Diesel Weasel
The Ibanez's do seem to be on a winning factor here, but I feel like I should spending a little more into a guitar with better build quality, unless these are as good as any guitar in my range.

They pretty much are. In that price bracket, there's not going to be a whole lot of difference in quality between a $300 and a $400 guitar, sometimes not even a $500 guitar. Mostly you're just getting more features, and unfortunately sometimes you're just getting a lot more "stuff" (fancier finishes being a huge part of "stuff") to jack up the price.

I assure you though that the RG2EX/RG3EX models are really solid guitars. Excellent modding platforms as well. 'Cause if you get a slightly more expensive Ibanez, that usually just means that you're getting a crappy trem instead of a fixed bridge.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Check out the Ibanez ART, or S series guitars. Schecter fixed bridges seem like they'd be right up your alley too. You might like the Dean Hardtail or Siltero, or you could always check out a PRS SE. The SE Standards can be had pretty reasonably.

Cheers,
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Bright tone, low action, thin neck, 5-way switch... looks like you need an Ibanez.
I agree with the Ibanez RG2EX1. Has everything your looking for. Just upgrade the pickups because not everyone likes Ibanez stock pick ups
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
thanks a lot guys. and the only schecter that I looked nice for the price, with everything I needed was a Schecter Omen 6 Extreme. Which is a whole $100 more than an RG2EX1, not that I couldn't afford it, but is it worth checking out.

PS - I have no experience in changing pickups or anything of the sort, so what is the main difference? Just the sensitivity/clarity of picking the strings? Can it make as big a difference as dull old strings changed to brand new ones? (but with pickups :P)
If you go with the Schecter, i tell you, the Diamond Plus pickups are nice with distortion, but clean they do have a llot of bass, and not that much treble.
Hm, that doesn't sound to good to me. I play at church some and I will need to drop the gain for half of those songs... (We really do play light rock style songs though).. Is that schecter mahogany or basswood?
Alright, well Id be looking at the extreme. I havent been able to find this guitar at any music shops yet, so i'll keep looking around.