ok so i turned on my Peavey Vypyr 75 a few minutes ago, all the leds and everything flashed blue very fast like lightning, and it didnt turn on, it wont turn on now, and im lost, im very pissed because this amp is 2 months fricken old...

my friend says it could be a blown fuse... what is the problem? how do i fix it? and how much will it cost me?
Blown fuse methinks. Same thing happened to my 6505 combo, and I replaced the fuse and it worked fine.
Quote by TheGreatCthulhu
Blown fuse methinks. Same thing happened to my 6505 combo, and I replaced the fuse and it worked fine.

*sigh of relief* ok, well what kind of fuse is it? how do i put it in? and where can i find them? rofl. sorry for all the questions, im just lost with this.
Generaly the fuse will be marked clearly on the back if it has one. I don't know the amp so can't say you will have one acccessable. If it's new, I would take it back and have them look at it. You would be within warranty. You would also need to figure out why it popped a fuse if that is the problem. Really, you should just take it back and warranty it.
Quote by D_M_I
Generaly the fuse will be marked clearly on the back if it has one. I don't know the amp so can't say you will have one acccessable. If it's new, I would take it back and have them look at it. You would be within warranty. You would also need to figure out why it popped a fuse if that is the problem. Really, you should just take it back and warranty it.

would you know, i didnt get the guitarcenter coverage or w/e, so i have to wonder if they would send it in? or would i have to send it into peavey themselves? or can i even do that?
any monkey can replace a fuse.

there should be a fuse in the plug, the back of the amp and the HT fuse which isnt normally accessible without going inside the amp.

The one on the back will be inside a black plastic circle thing, you usually have to twist it or use a screwdriver to pop it out

It might also be under where you plug in the kettle lead, you just need a flathead to take the cover off.

You want to replace it with the same fuse. Probably 3A (3 amp) or so, itll say on the fuse or on the back of the amp. Dont put a larger one in because theyre there to protect you and your amp from death.

Power surges and spikes may cause a fuse to blow randomly from time to time, but generally it indicates theres a problem with the amp, if it happens again send it back in.

This should all be in the amps manual, download it from the peavey website.
Last edited by beckyjc at Sep 26, 2011,
Quote by beckyjc
any monkey can replace a fuse.

there should be a fuse in the plug, the back of the amp and the HT fuse which isnt normally accessible without going inside the amp.

The one on the back will be inside a black plastic circle thing, you usually have to twist it or use a screwdriver to pop it out

It might also be under where you plug in the kettle lead, you just need a flathead to take the cover off.

You want to replace it with the same fuse. Probably 3A (3 amp) or so, itll say on the fuse or on the back of the amp. Dont put a larger one in because theyre there to protect you and your amp from death.

Power surges and spikes may cause a fuse to blow randomly from time to time, but generally it indicates theres a problem with the amp, if it happens again send it back in.

This should all be in the amps manual, download it from the peavey website.

when i get home i'll look into this, i checked for the fuse thing on the back, theres nothing, so ill look at it more later and get back to you.