Page 1 of 2
It's funny how a lot of fans of metal like to criticize metalcore and deathcore. Metalcore and deathcore bands are more "br00tal" than black and death metal bands. Most metalcore and deathcore bands are more technical than all metal bands! Why do they hate it?
Fans of tr00 metalcore like to criticize deathcore and metal. Circle of life, breh.
Because they have no social lives. Just like metalcore and deathcore fans.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

The same reason I drink expensive whiskey rather than cheap dog tits
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by genghisgandhi

Metalcore sucks brah.

The scene end of it does. The early days were more 'metal' than most metal at the time.

But if you didn't notice TS, there are more genre wars within heavy metal than between all the other genres put together.
Cool! Check out my NOBODY GIVES A SHIT and feel free to tell me more!
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
you should ask in the metal forum. they'd better be able to answer your question.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Chugga chugga chugga breakdown chugga chugga chugga chugga breakdown chugga breakdown.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
While all genres of metal have bands that are guilty of this, metalcore and deathcore bands are like 99 percent shit. they write horrible unoriginal riffs and the screaming sucks. A true screamer can still make his words somewhat audible. no songs in thoses genres are unique, they might as well be the same....
Music being brootal for the sake of being brootal sucks ass
Last edited by troyofyort at Sep 25, 2011,
Quote by troyofyort
While all genres of metal have bands that are guilty of this, metalcore and deathcore bands are like 99 percent shit. they write horrible unoriginal riffs and the screaming sucks. A true screamer can still make his words somewhat audible. no songs in thoses genres are unique, they might as well be the same....

Ohhhhhh I wish everyone did everythinggg like I want them tooooo ohhhhhhhhh

Also Deathcore is pretty brutal guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWggPLXeOkU&t=2m49s
I have learned great on information on topic of start for my needs in research vast expanse nolwedge you have I am greatful to all for for discuss with topic for I need and it useful for other time and.
Quote by Weaponized
Ohhhhhh I wish everyone did everythinggg like I want them tooooo ohhhhhhhhh

Also Deathcore is pretty brutal guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWggPLXeOkU&t=2m49s

Crabcore is more better. Much better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgRscz3-Ymc

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
it is all about personal preference. even though i like death metal and metalcore, i believe that the most @$$h0l3s exist in those genres fanbases, just like how many old people like classic rock, many prepubescent fat/ugly girls like justin bieber, and chill people like reggae or grunge
I also don't understand why they say it generic, metalcore and deathcore are some of the most diverse music genres. Have you heard thrash metal? It nothing but struming palm nutted open E string, followed by a few different notes before they repeat it! You can't even hear whats going on in black metal because the recording quality sucks! Comon what's up with that!?
Quote by Stevenlazer1
I also don't understand why they say it generic, metalcore and deathcore are some of the most diverse music genres. Have you heard thrash metal? It nothing but struming palm nutted open E string, followed by a few different notes before they repeat it! You can't even hear whats going on in black metal because the recording quality sucks! Comon what's up with that!?

They wanted the material to be "raw" and "cold". Black Metal isn't meant to get attention.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Stevenlazer1

It's generic because I can summarise half the songs in one line.

Arrrrrrrggggguurp rawwwrrrr guuuurrrrrrrrrrr roooooooooooooooooooy yaaaaaarrrrrr
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Sep 25, 2011,
Quote by Stevenlazer1
Well it sucks! Raw is stuff like St. Anger!

I'm not even gonna....bother...

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Whats a palm nutted E string guy?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Stevenlazer1

There are some metalcore bands that do it right like PTH, but a good majority are chugga-chugga, generic sweeps and "rawr" screaming
....of course its all personal preferences
Quote by troyofyort
There are some metalcore bands that do it right like PTH, but a good majority are chugga-chugga, generic sweeps and "rawr" screaming

Protest the Hero is more prog-metal though, not djent, prog-metal.
you're a stone fox
Quote by troyofyort

You know man, Metallica makes Rap music like I've never heard! they're so unique for that genre.

Don't get my wrong PTH is my favorite band, but they aren't metalcore. I hate now people find the need to label a band to a random genre.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Stevenlazer1
You know what I meant! *mutted*

So like a St. Bernard? Or a beagle?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
It comes down to a matter of preference and opinion. It just so happens that the vast majority of people who like metal prefer not to listen to metalcore and/or deathcore because in their opinion it's shit.

Also, they all sound the same. I mean, there are tons of cookie cutter metal bands, but the bigger the band in metal, the more distinct they are from every other band, so in a way the metal community somewhat rewards originality. In metalcore and deathcore, however, even the big names all sound identical. In my opinion.
Quote by Saint78
Protest the Hero is more of a watered down BTBAM though.

Fixed.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Fixed.

I agree with that fixation.
you're a stone fox
This thread needs to listen to Dillinger Escape Plan.

Quote by Cb4rabid
Fixed.

Rody Walker destroys Tommy Giles.

Quote by Sinister Waffle

Don't get my wrong PTH is my favorite band, but they aren't metalcore.

Yes they are. They're Progressive Metalcore.
Last edited by goest at Sep 25, 2011,
Page 1 of 2