Well turned my Marshall Haze 40 on today and it sounds like a fuzz pedal. It didn't have a lot of gain but certainly sounded better than now. Not sure what has happened. I changed tubes a couple of months ago do to a bad preamp tube. I pulled all the new tubes and reinstalled the old one to make sure it was not a tube problem. I cked the bias spot. I was going sell this amp and buy a B52 at100 and 4 12 Marshall cab but can't sell it with it sounding like this. Anyone got any ideas?
Jackson DK2M w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez ARZ 800 w/EMG 81/60
B52 AT-100
Marshall 4x12 cab
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss DD7 Delay
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Polytune
NO sounded the same as the with the new tubes. Still sounded like a fuzz box. If it sounded better I wouldn't be asking for ideas I would have just bought some tubes.
B52 AT-100
Marshall 4x12 cab
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss DD7 Delay
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Polytune
CKed the speaker for rips couldn't find any. Not sure if I cked the speaker right though at static it was showing 14.5 ohms it's a 16 ohm speaker.
B52 AT-100
Marshall 4x12 cab
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss DD7 Delay
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Polytune
Quote by dsbcc
CKed the speaker for rips couldn't find any. Not sure if I cked the speaker right though at static it was showing 14.5 ohms it's a 16 ohm speaker.

That's normal, a speaker's impedance is higher when it's being used.
Quote by dsbcc
I changed tubes a couple of months ago do to a bad preamp tube. I pulled all the new tubes and reinstalled the old one to make sure it was not a tube problem.

This is the smart thing to do as part of the process of elimination. You mentioned 'a' bad preamp tube and then you said you pulled all the new 'tubes' and put the old ones back in - which is smart. Because you said you wanted to make sure it was not a tube problem - I just was not clear if you had ruled out the tubes altogether. My guess is a grounding problem or a tube problem.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
This is the smart thing to do as part of the process of elimination. You mentioned 'a' bad preamp tube and then you said you pulled all the new 'tubes' and put the old ones back in - which is smart. Because you said you wanted to make sure it was not a tube problem - I just was not clear if you had ruled out the tubes altogether. My guess is a grounding problem or a tube problem.

Might be a bad cap, depends on how old the amp is.
Hold on a second. Have you run your amp just guitar -> amp since this happened?

If you have a buffered pedal in your chain that is disconnected from your power source/has a dead battery, it will mess with your tone. I had the same thing happen when my DS-1's battery died. I thought it was sick sounding myself.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I have already took all pedals out of the chain and ran straight into amp tried different amps and different guitars. Same results.
B52 AT-100
Marshall 4x12 cab
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss DD7 Delay
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Polytune