Someone just mentioned making a Fishing Thread. Well, here you go.

Coarse, Sea, Fly, Game etc

My PB is a 17lb Fully Scaled Mirror Carp caught on the surface in the UK.

The Sea season starts here in NZ in about 3 weeks. So excited.

Discuss.
RIP Tom Searle.
I've been fishing a few times. The only thing I've ever caught was a catfish that had a giant hole in its side. I threw it back.
Yes! I was thinking about making a thread like this.

I love taking out a canoe and heading up to a lake and dropping in some lines. Or going to a river and catching some trout.

Anyone got any good stories about "that monster fish that got away?"
Nah, nothing monster. My mate lost a 20lb Koi carp at the net though. Pretty sure it put him into fishing depression for a few months.
RIP Tom Searle.
Blast fishing is best fishing.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
This would have been good information to have known for the voting, thrash. Fishermen are awesome men.
I always used to go fishing with both of my grandpas. Now they're too old/broke/life happens.

But I love it. Going out to the lake with my gramps and my cousin, buying some snacks, staying out there until like 5 am. Fun times. When I was maybe 10ish, I was about to throw my reel into the water and my mom was standing behind me so I accidentally smacked her in the face with the chicken liver on my hook.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by MH400
Someone just mentioned making a Fishing Thread. Well, here you go.

Coarse, Sea, Fly, Game etc

My PB is a 17lb Fully Scaled Mirror Carp caught on the surface in the UK.

The Sea season starts here in NZ in about 3 weeks. So excited.

Discuss.

That was me!

My most prized catch was a 10lbs snook off a dock at day break. That S.O.B. tried breaking me off harder than any other fish I have encountered.
Quote by High&Mighty
Yes! I was thinking about making a thread like this.

I love taking out a canoe and heading up to a lake and dropping in some lines. Or going to a river and catching some trout.

Anyone got any good stories about "that monster fish that got away?"

A nurse shark and some other shark (there had been a 10 ft hammerhead in the area around the same time so I know there were other sharks around) or big fish fought over my bait when I was fishing off a beach in the Bahamas. I didn't get either of them on the hook though which is probably a good thing as I was only like 10 at the time. I don't have any other good fishing stories but I've caught a number of barracudas and small fresh water fish.
Three hundred pound mako caught off the canyons (can't remember which ones.)

Fished commercially for striped bass for a summer. We should keep this thread going, as fishing is pretty much awesome (especially with beer.)
I catch crabs and starfish everytime I go fishing. Every single time.

Except out at sea.

But other than that, every single time.
Meh, casual fisher here. Always freshwater too, never sea fished. Caught a few monster bass in my short life though
Fly fishing in rivers ftw
I would never claim to be a fisherman, but the best day of summer I've ever spent was with a few mates, some disposable barbecues, a cool box of beer, car system for tunes and fishing at Rhayader Dams. Any UK users should know that spot.
I rather enjoy fly fishing for trout for the most part and occasionally panfish, bass, and catfish. I prefer freshwater over saltwater just because I feel freshwater involves more strategy like dealing with debris, water level, terrain, light, coverage, trees and stumps, and structure.
I was fishing in my small boat once, a 12ft Merricraft, when I had to take a piss. I was in the mouth of the river, probably 100 yards from where the ocean meets the river and around a slight bend. So, like I often do, I mounted the bow and whipped out my member, feeling totally badass like Captain Ahab or George Washington crossing the Delaware. Anyway, my dick is out and I have my leg up on the bow like Captain Morgan and I'm just peeing into the water. Mid pee though something changes, the wind shifts and the sky darkens. From around the bend comes a group of kayakers, hidden previously by the reeds and sea-grass. Like deer in the headlights the kayakers and I just stare at each other. As my paralysis subsides I immediately slam my member back into my pants and scramble to get the **** out of there, the kayakers continue to stare stunned at me as I return to the stern and jam the throttle, fleeing to the safety of open water.

I quite enjoy fishing and still shamelessly pee into the water, with one foot on the bow.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I love fishing. I grew up on Lake Michigan and fished it and the surrounding inland lakes and rivers. My biggest catch though was a 110 lb halibut that I caught when I was in British Columbia fishing with my grandpa.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I caught a shark once.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Kayak fishing best fishing. Gotta love dem Smallies.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Oh shit you're that guy?

I guess I should be thankful I'm not famous for being that guy. There's probably still someone out there that judges me everytime they see me post. I know I secretly judge Momentosis for being a kitty murderer.
Never too late to start going with your buds.

All the hate on fishing in the PETA thread made me want to be e-around people who like fishing. SO WHADDUP?