http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9E2eXXwW28

It's pretty lengthy but what's your opinion on this? Will this be the new trendsetter?

BTW, if anyone has ever tried this or the DT50, how does it compare to a real tube amp. I know Chappers gives an unbiased opinion (he was bashing the Firebird X) but I kinda want to know it from the perspective of a UGer.

I think it'll be the new big thing.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Eh, nothing new. Basically an affordable digital rack preamp with a tube power-amp.
modes are a social construct
tweaker wanna be only a day late and a dollar short. IMO.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Some people will always love tubes....and these kinds of things will always be practical for some people...
I like the idea, I think it's a fresh breath of air and an interesting concept. It would have been if they could make use of switching between the four different voicings but hey, chances are the only two channels used would be the clean and the heavy sound anyway.

I'd have to hear and play one in person but I like it, good job Line 6.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Is it a cool idea? Yup!

Does it look like they're listening to what people want? Yup!

Will I ever buy one? Probably not.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I think it looks brilliant, I'd love to pick one up, seeing as they are pretty affordable as well.
I really really need to fight the urge to get one though, because I have no room or need (as if that word ever had a say..) for it.

Did anyone else notice how Line6 had a link to the DT25 on their website shortly after the Andertons-demo came up?
I guess someone pulled the trigger a bit too early and put it up there...the link didn't work though, but it was up there for a little bit
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Did they say the amp only had 1 12ax7? While having a modern high gain channel? While also being all tube?

calling cathbard
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Sep 26, 2011,
Meh. The ideas there are very, very good, but the sound isn't there. They should have spent more time developing it, considering this is now their flagship.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by souperman08
Is it a cool idea? Yup!

Does it look like they're listening to what people want? Yup!

Will I ever buy one? Probably not.

I definitely agree with you. I think it would probably cater to the home studio guy who needs alot of sounds and has a budget of around 1500 to get those sounds. But its not the loudest for the price range and its not the best sounding for the price range. It's basically an expensive tube modeler.

Good idea but maybe they would make something cheaper that people would buy just to have instead of thinking about spending 1K on it..
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Absolutely horrid on the acoustic. Other than that though it wasn't too bad getting lots of sounds. I think the DT + HD500 combo sounded better in the first vid before they plugged in the JT variax. Some good sounds. A few bad sounds aswell but those can all be tweaked so I would really like to try the setup. I doubt it would replace any amp it models but for someone doing a cover band or needing tones of tones, who knows.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by coolstoryangus
Did they say the amp only had 1 12ax7? While having a modern high gain channel? While also being all tube?

calling cathbard

Actually I believe its 2 12ax7s. I think the guys at blackstar taught them how to make all tube amps.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent