Hey guys.
My girlfriend wants to buy me something really special for birthday/Christmas combined presents, and she knows that my favorite band is Demon Hunter. She saw me looking at this guitar the other day in the internet and wants to make it that special gift. http://www.artistseriesguitar.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=5&option=com_virtuemart&vmcchk=1&Itemid=35
I love the looks of it, but I'm more concerned about the sound and playability. It's 400 bucks new, and it only stands to reason that if you build a guitar with a focus on aesthetics, youre going to have to skimp on other things with that kind of budget. Honestly, I'd rather have a bland looking USED guitar with a great value to sound/playability ratio than a great looking guitar.

I'd like to know opinions on this series or brand if anyone has played one, and also on the price.

Also, I'd like a very versatile sounding guitar. Going used and in the 200-400 dollar price range, what would ya'll recommend?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
That's ****ing sick looking! I have no idea about the brand, though.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Tell her to use the same money to buy herself some nice lingerie. A present for both of you

Don't get much of a specs list on that link. So it's hard to say if it's worth getting.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at Sep 25, 2011,
Quote by JustRooster
That's ****ing sick looking! I have no idea about the brand, though.

It'n it.
Yeah that looks awesome dude. I would so go for it.

Even if the quality isn't quite as good as some used axe in the same price range; a proper setup should make it a viable guitar. A friend of mine had a dirt cheap Greg Bennett sig a while ago, and it was horrible, or so I thought. But I re-string it and cleaned it up a bit and it actually sounded and played pretty good.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
I've noticed that, most cheap guitars arent too bad when you slap a good set of strings on them and set up the action a bit.