So I was in standard tuning and I tuned to open A. The G string broke so I put a new string on. I detuned the guitar to C# tuning like Black Sabbath then I tuned the D G and B strings up two steps like open A. So what tuning would this be?
Sounds like one of those logic puzzles:

Little johnny caught a bus to school. But on the bus he had his skateboard and rode it from the bus driver to the back seat. Upon reaching the back seat, he got off the skateboard and walked to the front to the driver. He attempted to ride the skateboard back to the back, but whilst pulling an ollie half way down the bus he stacked and fell into the mid-bus stairs, and out the open door. Luckily the bus had just arrived at school.

Considering the distances travelled on wheels, how long did Johnny spend cleaning his neighbours pool?

Ahem, tell us the notes of the resulting tuning.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
You got you're strings up TWO WHOLE STEPS!??!? D: I'd rather stick my fingers in a blender than risk that...
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
Is it maybe C#m6sus4?

And Alan's question is a trick. Little Johnny's neighbors don't have a pool, they have a hot tub.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
the only name i can give it is cluster **** tuning cus it makes no sense at all.

when you say you droped to C# do you mean you just droped the E to C# or all the other strings along with it?

its either C# F# F A# D C#

or

C# A G# C# F E

either way, i just dont get it. like why cough syrup comes with a plastic shot glass when your not to abuse the stuff.
Quote by AlanHB
Little johnny caught a bus to school. But on the bus he had his skateboard and rode it from the bus driver to the back seat. Upon reaching the back seat, he got off the skateboard and walked to the front to the driver. He attempted to ride the skateboard back to the back, but whilst pulling an ollie half way down the bus he stacked and fell into the mid-bus stairs, and out the open door. Luckily the bus had just arrived at school.

Considering the distances travelled on wheels, how long did Johnny spend cleaning his neighbours pool?

He didn't clean it...

He skated in it

YYYYYEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH
Sorry guys. I worded that like a dumb***. Which I am. Here's what I mean. Standard tuning is to open A. As. C# tuning is to ?
Quote by sunliteacoustic
Sorry guys. I worded that like a dumb***. Which I am. Here's what I mean. Standard tuning is to open A. As. C# tuning is to ?

Open F#/Open Gb.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Open F#/Open Gb.
I believe your right because when you drop A down three HALF STEPS you get F#. Sorry I worded my first post like crap guys. Its open F# tuning. Cool. Open A snapped my string that's why I detuned. I'm naming this Open Iommi tuning.
Last edited by sunliteacoustic at Sep 26, 2011,
Do you mean drop C# or C# tuning?

Drop C# converted to Open A would would be as follows:

e---D#---D#
b---A#---C
g---F#---G#
d---C#---D#
a---G#---G#
E---C#---C#

C# tuning to Open A tuning would be like this:

e---C#
b---G#
g---E
d---B
a---F#
E---C#

If it's the latter then Aeolian Seventh is right and it's Open F#...if it's the former it's some wacky tuning. Why not just fiddle with a capo and Open E tuning?
Interesting note Curtis Mayfield used Open F# tuning like I'm using because he tuned to the black keys on the piano