So ive officially decided im going to customize my 6505+. Right now its completly cosmeticlly stock. I was thinking either painting the wood behing the grill white, then keeping the grill/logos black, orr taking off the wood and paint the grill white (idk how the logos would look in front of a whie grill thoough. Im also concerned about how the silver control panel would look with a white color scheme, i found a pic of a white wood/black grill here
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200723_1770423873959_1640102935_1695370_1441845_n.jpg

Ive also thought about some LEDs or cathode light tubes or whatever they are, but that wont happen for a while. lights would look really good with a just white grill i think...

Help!!
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
If you're set on removing the wooden board I'd go for a few green LED's to spruce it up. Saw a picture with a 6505 with green LEDs and have been seriously considering doing that to mine.

Another neat option would be to debadge the Peavey logo and keep the 6505+ in the right corner. Or, take out the Peavey badge and cut out a 6505+ lettering in the wood and stick LED's inside it to add to the mystery?

The white panel with the sliver looks fine from my opinion. It's a different touch, although if you're doing any mod, I would leave the grille black.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
now how would i go about cutting out a 6505 in the middle of the wooden panel? that would be sickkk
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Am I the only one that thinks it would look great with the white wood and no grill?
Where's Waldo?
Quote by doctorcheeze200
now how would i go about cutting out a 6505 in the middle of the wooden panel? that would be sickkk

Drill some holes in the general shape and use a jigsaw very carefully.

Or just use a router (probably easier).