If you play guitar or bass, what would you do if you cut one of your fingers open right on the tip while preparing food or something. What would you do to kill time till it healed?

If you play drums, what if you somehow happened to sprain both wrists or ankles? haha

I'm creating this thread, because I sliced the tip of my index finger at work while slicing onions, so I'm going to be bored for several days till it heals...
Superglue the finger and stop being a bitch.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by ryan_nadon
Superglue the finger and stop being a bitch.

Does that actually work? I've never tried it...

EDIT: Sorry for being uneducated... I just read that they used it in Vietnam. Ha
Last edited by BlueFuzion101 at Sep 26, 2011,
Troll people on YouTube. It's becoming quite a big time consuming hobby to some.
Wanna hear a joke?.............Women's Rights....haha
Learn another instrument that doesn't require that finger. I'd suggest trumpet, you can probably get a used one cheap.
Happened to me some time ago. No big deal really, just play with your other fingers or practice using your "healthy" hand.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
I would play through it, and be rewarded with an even tougher callous.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
build a robotic hand that is better than my own and practice speed metal with my robotic hand. Then go on tour for money to build an even faster robot hand to play super-speed metal then tour and make MORE money to build an even FASTER robot hand... etc.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Bandage it up and keep playing. I'm not a wuss.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
This happens to me a lot and if I waited for it to heal every time I'd waste so much time. I just play through it.
cat
Actually happened to me on my ring finger.

I used as an opportunity to practise using my damn pinky al the time.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise

Wrap up and man up.
Tommy Iommi played with his fingertips missing and Joey Jordison toured with a broken ankle.
Stop crying.
Quote by BlueFuzion101
If you play guitar or bass, what would you do if you cut one of your fingers open right on the tip while preparing food or something. What would you do to kill time till it healed?

If you play drums, what if you somehow happened to sprain both wrists or ankles? haha

I'm creating this thread, because I sliced the tip of my index finger at work while slicing onions, so I'm going to be bored for several days till it heals...

I've done this before. In fact the day before a gig.
Played regardless. Hurt like a bitch.
Sing
Harmonica
Write novels and lyrics
Play piano

or

read books
study
watch movies
enjoy other sides of life.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Used to happen to me several times a month when I worked in a kitchen. I actually got banned from using knives. I put my thumb through a cheese grater, took the top of my thumb of with a knife making it flat, grew back since though. I cut my hand with a bread knife. That was probably the worst time. That felt like shit.
Jack White broke his index finger on his fretting hand and just learned to play without that finger until it was usable.
Quote by BlueFuzion101
Does that actually work? I've never tried it...

EDIT: Sorry for being uneducated... I just read that they used it in Vietnam. Ha

Super glue was designed for the medical field exactly for that purpose...then they found out it worked great for other things too.

Me, I would just suck it up and keep playing. It's a cut, not a detached limb.
Learn drums until you sprain both ankles and then go back to guitar.

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by SkepsisMetal

Wrap up and man up.
Tommy Iommi played with his fingertips missing and Joey Jordison toured with a broken ankle.
Stop crying.

It's not the pain that's the problem, the wound keeps re-opening when I play, which is pretty annoying, because I really don't like the idea of blood getting all in my fretboard. and bandages just get caught on the strings when I use them, so I just kinda gave up.
Stop hurting yourself.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash